Budget Streaming PC

bones101

Hi i am looking for some guidance on a budget PC to handle streaming and editing my PS4 videos.

Bit out of the PC loop for a while now so not sure what sort of spec i am looking for but its purely to capture and edit game footage not for actual gaming.

Looking for something that can handle some multitasking etc any help, advice, tips or links will be more than welcome.

Also looking for a case that lays down rather than an upright if that's possible

thanks 

budget? country?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

From the UK, budget i don't really have one but would like to keep costs down at the moment to start out and maybe expand later.

46 minutes ago, bones101 said:

Hi i am looking for some guidance on a budget PC to handle streaming and editing my PS4 videos.

Bit out of the PC loop for a while now so not sure what sort of spec i am looking for but its purely to capture and edit game footage not for actual gaming.

Looking for something that can handle some multitasking etc any help, advice, tips or links will be more than welcome.

Also looking for a case that lays down rather than an upright if that's possible

thanks 

Assuming a very low budget, here's what I'd recommend. (the main components anyway)

Ryzen 3 3300x/3100(if you're really strapped for cash),

2 times 8 GB 3200 MHz RAM,

Western Digital SN550 NVME SSD (The 1 TB option is a value champ),

MSI B450-A Pro ATX motherboard,

Nvidia GTX 1650 Graphics Card,

A Corsair 500W PSU.

Well, these are the main components, if you had some more money in hand, it is advisable to go with a Ryzen 3600, and 3600 MHz RAM for a small performance boost. You could also go with the 1650 Super as it has more CUDA cores and will deliver faster performance if you use GPU encoding in editing software. If you choose these components over the previous list, make sure to get a 600-650W PSU, for increased headroom when and if you upgrade down the road.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

If you don't have budget, just give like price point. The builds, and what you can get out of them, are very different for £500, £1000 and £2000.

And one thing you will need is capture card.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

If you don't have budget, just give like price point. The builds, and what you can get out of them, are very different for £500, £1000 and £2000.

And one thing you will need is capture card.

£500 for the moment seems a reasonable price to begin with unless i am being unrealistic with that figure.

i have been trying to find some used set ups that i can snag at a fair price that would seem suitable, capture device i have already been looking in to as i have a PS5 i was looking at the ones with a 4k pass through.

8 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Assuming a very low budget, here's what I'd recommend. (the main components anyway)

Ryzen 3 3300x/3100(if you're really strapped for cash),

2 times 8 GB 3200 MHz RAM,

Western Digital SN550 NVME SSD (The 1 TB option is a value champ),

MSI B450-A Pro ATX motherboard,

Nvidia GTX 1650 Graphics Card,

A Corsair 500W PSU.

Well, these are the main components, if you had some more money in hand, it is advisable to go with a Ryzen 3600, and 3600 MHz RAM for a small performance boost. You could also go with the 1650 Super as it has more CUDA cores and will deliver faster performance if you use GPU encoding in editing software. If you choose these components over the previous list, make sure to get a 600-650W PSU, for increased headroom when and if you upgrade down the road.

excellent thank you for that spec list i needed that sort of guidance so i can start browsing either at a used set up or a fresh build.

There isn't much that you can do for such a low budget...

But still I have made a list..

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£78.98 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard: MSI B460M-A PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (£69.99 @ CCL Computers) 

Memory: PNY Anarchy-X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£59.86 @ CCL Computers) 

Storage: Crucial BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£24.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Toshiba P300 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£31.25 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card (£150.00) Get it used from eBay.

Case: Deepcool MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£35.47 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Power Supply: ADATA XPG PYLON 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£40.48 @ Ebuyer) 

Total: £491.01

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-31 14:06 GMT+0000

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

1 minute ago, VEXICUS said:

There isn't much that you can do for such a low budget...

But still I have made a list..

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£78.98 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard: MSI B460M-A PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (£69.99 @ CCL Computers) 

Memory: PNY Anarchy-X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£59.86 @ CCL Computers) 

Storage: Crucial BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£24.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Toshiba P300 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£31.25 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card (£150.00) Get it used from eBay.

Case: Deepcool MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£35.47 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Power Supply: ADATA XPG PYLON 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£40.48 @ Ebuyer) 

Total: £491.01

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-31 14:06 GMT+0000

Great list none the less micro atx i was literally just looking at as for the size, i have no need for big rgb gaming cases as its not for gaming and plus the PS5 is big enough already lol