I'm starting the process of looking for a new desk chair (long term usage)

MatthewSH

So let me preface this by saying I'm looking for a chair that I'll invest into, I'm not looking for some like $900 USD (all prices are USD preferably) executive chair that will last a couple years and then need replacing.

Here's what I currently have: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/millberget-swivel-chair-bomstad-black-40331705/

I love this chair. I've had two of them (my brother broke my previous one 😒) over the past 6 years and they work fantastic. However, I'm 6'1 (freedom units) or 186cm (logical units). My shoulders are barely covered by the top of this chair. Also, the way this chair sits and wears over time it keeps forcing me to almost lean back. It strains my lower back for extended uses and causes me to hunch. The material also isn't super breathable and I'm a hot natured so when I sweat, it just sticks to it. When I'm on video calls, I have to sit in an uncomfortable position to have proper posture. It also starts to feel like I'm sitting on squishy cardboard (which is by no means comparable to some of the worse ones...it's not too bad, but definitely not good). Also, it kind of squeaks too, I feel like I need to WD-40 it every few weeks.

I'm looking for suggestions for my next chair. Something that's suitable for someone who has some height. I'm not looking for some bucket seat gaming chair with ULTIMATE GAMER like branding. I just want a good, breathable, ergonomic, nice chair that I can sit in easily for 8-9+ hours and not feel too physically sore (which is how I feel now).

I know this isn't like a situation where you can recommend a single chair because every one is different. It took my mother 2ish+ years to find her perfect chair and she dropped like $800 on it and she LOVES it. Something like that is what I'm looking for. I'm just asking for some help and someone to maybe help point me in the right direction of where to look. I understand this won't be instant gratification, that's not an issue. Thank you all!

I recommend the Cooler Master Caliber X1 its like 350$ from amazon, I cant think of something is better than this one

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/31/2021 at 9:03 AM, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Peripherals

My bad bud, thanks.

Herman Miller Aeron. Buy it in your appropriate size, you can probably even find a refurbished model for a great price.