Why Asus created the TUF3 1660 Super ?

I mean, they have the TUF 1660 Super OC 6gb with 2 fans, and without any solid context or different specs, they done the TUF3 (3 fans instead of 2) of the exactly same specs... (only 15mhz more clock in gaming boost.. really?)

This is the only advantage a TUF3 1660 Super can give? 1 more fan? and the original 'TUF 1660 Super', Asus needed this extra fan for some reason or is just a "let's add something aesthetic to sell it again" ?

what your opinion about this?

12 minutes ago, DelaRoca said:

Asus needed this extra fan for some reason or is just a "let's add something aesthetic to sell it again" ?

As matter of fact it's very useful,I bought a similar card from Gigabyte.

These cards are very cool,and overclock very well,and the temps are low even after a moderate overclock,which leaves room for further overclocking.

Also lower temps increase the lifespan since the silicon is less likely to fail from thermal stress - which kills a lot of GPUs.

Cooler cards are more power efficient,and as a result the card can boost higher.

In short headroom for overclocking and higher lifespan of the silicon,higher boost clocks and better efficiency.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

5 minutes ago, DelaRoca said:

I mean, they have the TUF 1660 Super OC 6gb with 2 fans, and without any solid context or different specs, they done the TUF3 (3 fans instead of 2) of the exactly same specs... (only 15mhz more clock in gaming boost.. really?)

This is the only advantage a TUF3 1660 Super can give? 1 more fan? and the original 'TUF 1660 Super', Asus needed this extra fan for some reason or is just a "let's add something aesthetic to sell it again" ?

what your opinion about this?

My guess they did this so that if your case doesn't has as good of airflow, you could have the TUF3 which would be more efficient at moving air around in the case ans keeping the card cooler.

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv