2 GPU,S on a 500 W PSU.

Aleks2211

I think its doable if the cpu runs idle, lets say if you gpu mine, considering its 80 + efficiency . What do yall think?

Depends which GPU's they are... 

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean vel luctus dolor. Aliquam convallis hendrerit erat dignissim sodales. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Don't be bothered by the toxic idiots of the community. Somebody will always try to get you annoyed. The best fight is not giving them any attention. Never forget this!!

Spoiler

print("Hello World")

Depends what graphic cards you are using, if you are running 2 gt1030s for some reason It'll be fine but if you run 2 rtx3090s then good luck. I wouldn't push the power supply if it's a generic crap unit tho.

Just now, AugOwnz said:

Depends what graphic cards you are using, if you are running 2 gt1030s for some reason It'll be fine but if you run 2 rtx3090s then good luck. I wouldn't push the power supply if it's a generic crap unit tho.

Its a Coolermaster psu , a 1060 and a RX 580 , 1060 under oc at 85 w , 580 at 100 w 

What Coolermaster psu is it? Pretty much every brand has good and bad units. I would check the PSU tier list.

3 minutes ago, AugOwnz said:

What Coolermaster psu is it? Pretty much every brand has good and bad units. I would check the PSU tier list.

PSU MWE 500W 80+ 

MWE-500_packaging.jpg

at stock that would be marginal at best but if the GPUs are really only pulling =<100W each with the undervolt, it should be OK especially if the CPU isn't going to be heavily loaded at the same time as the GPUs.

of course, only way to be sure is to build it and stress test it. predicting if any PSU + GPU combo will be friends can be tricky 😉

Powerspec 1530 (Clevo PB50DF2) ~ i7 10875H ~ RTX 2070 Super 115W ~ 32GB DDR4 ~ 2x 1TB NVMe ~ 2TB 5400RPM ~ 1080P 240hz matte IPS

Gigabyte G1 GA-970-SLI ~ FX 8320 @ 3.3Ghz, 1212mV ~ 16GB DDR3 ~ Radeon 570 4GB ~ 512GB NVMe ~ 2x 1TB HGST 7200RPM

Xtras ~ Dell 22" 1680x1050 matte IPS monitor ~ Logi M705 mouse ~ PowerA Fusion Pro Xbox One controller ~ Sony XB950N1 headphones ~ Epson V700 film scanner

Streaming Setup ~ OBS Studio with AMF encoding ~ iVCam bridged to LG G6 ~ Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface ~ TONOR condenser cardioid mic

It's pushing the limit a bit, especially if you want to mine 24/7. I wouldn't do it with such a meh psu.