do all case fan are gonna work in a fan hub as long as it has 3/4 pin?

ninjaboyxd629
Go to solution Solved by tkitch,

Okay, so reverse image search found two possibilities for this fan:

https://shopee.ph/YGT-FAN-DOUBLE-RING-LED--DIAMOND-120MM-i.60584520.8002479612

https://www.carousell.ph/p/ygt-dual-ring-diamond-rainbow-ly-1225m12s-dc-12v-0-2a-120mm-1034101656/

So, with that connector (on either) you can't control the fan speed, or RGB.  It's going to be Full Speed, and the LEDs will do whatever they're programmed to do.

ygt_dual_ring_diamond_rainbow__1599633664_23c8b96c_progressive

im about to buy this case fan and Capture.PNG.fa29e2d696ccb5f55822c08b22c16c88.PNGyou can see the 3 pin there the seller said it wont work i said why but he didnt reply yet 

can you tell me if all fans will work on a fan hub as long as it has 3/4 pin? if itsnt gonna work pls tell me why i know that theres a molex there but my psu only have 2 molex and im gonna buy 6 fans for my case so only 2 will work my mobo have 2 fan header but its the same as fan hub right? because fan hub is just a fan header but you can connect many fans

1 hour ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

im about to buy this case fan and Capture.PNG.fa29e2d696ccb5f55822c08b22c16c88.PNGyou can see the 3 pin there the seller said it wont work i said why but he didnt reply yet 

can you tell me if all fans will work on a fan hub as long as it has 3/4 pin? if itsnt gonna work pls tell me why i know that theres a molex there but my psu only have 2 molex and im gonna buy 6 fans for my case so only 2 will work my mobo have 2 fan header but its the same as fan hub right? because fan hub is just a fan header but you can connect many fans

i would no buy that that is not standard. ether there powered by 3 pin fan header or molex and dose not have rgb/argb in it or it hooks up to a diffrent rgb controller. i no Barrow uses this conetor on there rgb/argb stuff.

if its infect an argb connector then plunging it in to your mb fan header will fry the fan or the mb! i would get %100 comfermations on what the 3 pin dose and molex before going forward

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

sometime really cheap fans that have "rgb/argb leds" that get its power from the fan power when the fan rpm changes so dose the led brightness. i no i got a roswell case that had this and switch that had the leds and fan to it. there was off low nad hi. off shout off the led (probly below the 5v) low was dim leds and slow fan and hi was full fan speed and full led brightness.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

sometime really cheap fans that have "rgb/argb leds" that get its power from the fan power when the fan rpm changes so dose the led brightness. i no i got a roswell case that had this and switch that had the leds and fan to it. there was off low nad hi. off shout off the led (probly below the 5v) low was dim leds and slow fan and hi was full fan speed and full led brightness.

it just lights up and do what other pc case fan does nothing special but will it work on a fan hub or not?

6 minutes ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

it just lights up and do what other pc case fan does nothing special but will it work on a fan hub or not?

well molex power would be full power and the 3pin if its power for the fan and led then that can be voltage controlled by the mb bios. it dose not have a 4pin fan header connector so its not pwm controlled. so pwm hubs wont work. 3pin fan splitters should work i guess. its just odd that it had both on the fan back then you could use a molex to 3pin adapter.

on the fan the molex can be plug in to each other hooking all to an molex

hmm it could be 3pin for the fan and molex for the led power im guessing it would be a signal color.

Edited by thrasher_565

well molex power would be full power and the 3pin if its power for the fan and led then that can be voltage controlled by the mb bios. it dose not have a 4pin fan header connector so its not pwm controlled. so pwm hubs wont work. 3pin fan splitters should work i guess. its just odd that it had both on the fan back then you could use a molex to 3pin adapter.

it says here 

that a 3 pin fan will work on a 4 pin header isnt it the same as this?

Just now, ninjaboyxd629 said:

it says here 

that a 3 pin fan will work on a 4 pin header isnt it the same as this?

3 pin can work on a 4 pin fan header yes but it wont be pwm controlled

8636i1F8E1EC34080C415?v=1.0

3 pin can work on a 4 pin fan header yes but it wont be pwm controlled

8636i1F8E1EC34080C415?v=1.0

its just for airflow i just need it to spin idc if i cant control it or not but it will spin right?

4 minutes ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

its just for airflow i just need it to spin idc if i cant control it or not but it will spin right?

i dont no i cant make that call. if its wired that way then yes if not who knows.

i dont no i cant make that call. if its wired that way then yes if not who knows.

im just gonna wait for someone who knows the answer

I assume you have molex connections on the psu, so it’s gonna work either way. So it shouldn’t matter right?

Unless there’s a specific reason you want those fans compared to the millions out there. 
Even if it doesn’t have pwm, if the mobo has dc control and the fan is wired that way, you can still easily control it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Okay, so reverse image search found two possibilities for this fan:

https://shopee.ph/YGT-FAN-DOUBLE-RING-LED--DIAMOND-120MM-i.60584520.8002479612

https://www.carousell.ph/p/ygt-dual-ring-diamond-rainbow-ly-1225m12s-dc-12v-0-2a-120mm-1034101656/

So, with that connector (on either) you can't control the fan speed, or RGB.  It's going to be Full Speed, and the LEDs will do whatever they're programmed to do.

ygt_dual_ring_diamond_rainbow__1599633664_23c8b96c_progressive

4 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

I assume you have molex connections on the psu, so it’s gonna work either way. So it shouldn’t matter right?

Unless there’s a specific reason you want those fans compared to the millions out there. 
Even if it doesn’t have pwm, if the mobo has dc control and the fan is wired that way, you can still easily control it. 

it does matter because my psu only have 2 molex 

2 hours ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

the molex has a male and a female end on it...

3 hours ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

Yea I don’t see the issue. Doesn’t matter if you only had one molex. It’s the same amount of power. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

the molex has a male and a female end on it...

didnt know sry