Any suggestions for a smalish case for a silent NAS ?

Go to solution Solved by Blue4130,
6 minutes ago, LinuxTux23 said:

Hey there,

At the moment I build myself a small NAS ( with TrueNAS as OS ). For Mainboard I wanna go with the ASRockRack X570D4U and a Noctua NH-D1.

I really wanna have a case with hot swap bays, for easy drive replacement. One of the most convincing cases i found was the CS380 from Silverstone.

Does anyone out there have some suggestions for a smallish NAS / Server case ?

Or is there a possibility to build hot swap bays in a kinda standart case ?

Thanks !

Unless you are buying for looks, don't worry too much about hot swap bays. Think realistically, how often do you expect drives to fail? Once every 5 years? 

Hey there,

At the moment I build myself a small NAS ( with TrueNAS as OS ). For Mainboard I wanna go with the ASRockRack X570D4U and a Noctua NH-D1.

I really wanna have a case with hot swap bays, for easy drive replacement. One of the most convincing cases i found was the CS380 from Silverstone.

Thanks !

6 minutes ago, LinuxTux23 said:

Hey there,

Thanks !

Unless you are buying for looks, don't worry too much about hot swap bays. Think realistically, how often do you expect drives to fail? Once every 5 years?