Drivers automatically updating from old driver.

probablydumb
Go to solution Solved by Naijin,
Just now, probablydumb said:

Let me put it into perspective, lets say i have the driver version 460.09 right? And it's not extremely stable for me so i want to rollback to a driver i trust is stable like 445.87.But everytime i use DDU and install 445.87 it just automatically installs 456.71 another driver version that i didn't want.And i just can't seem to install 445.87 without windows reinstalling another driver.

You might want to try this

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/146562-prevent-windows-update-updating-specific-device-driver.html

Hello everyone, so i think the title says it all. I used to have the driver 445.87 and everytime i seem to DDU any driver i have and install that one, windows decides to AUTOMATICALLY install 456.71 without even telling me.How can i fix this?

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

Hello everyone, so i think the title says it all. I used to have the driver 445.87 and everytime i seem to DDU any driver i have and install that one, windows decides to AUTOMATICALLY install 456.71 without even telling me.How can i fix this?

Well, easy way for installing a new driver is to use DDU and shutdown, unplug internet and install new driver without network. Or are you trying to run the older driver and Windows updates it without you wanting that?

Just now, Naijin said:

Well, easy way for installing a new driver is to use DDU and shutdown, unplug internet and install new driver without network. Or are you trying to run the older driver and Windows updates it without you wanting that?

Let me put it into perspective, lets say i have the driver version 460.09 right? And it's not extremely stable for me so i want to rollback to a driver i trust is stable like 445.87.But everytime i use DDU and install 445.87 it just automatically installs 456.71 another driver version that i didn't want.And i just can't seem to install 445.87 without windows reinstalling another driver.

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

You might want to try this

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/146562-prevent-windows-update-updating-specific-device-driver.html