Thunderbolt 3 on Ryzen

I recently built a Ryzen 9 3900X build with an Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard. I know there are some Thunderbolt 3 PcIE cards on the market but can I use these with my Ryzen 9 CPU. If not can anyone recommend a good USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C dock on the market (UK Market) that I can use for a few USB expansion items such as my CamLink 4K and my Logitech Lightspeed Reciever

PC Specs

Ryzen 9 3900X

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

4x 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz CL16

Asus GTX 760 Striker Platinum (RTX 3090 on the way once stock issues resolve)

WD Black SN750 1TB

WD Black SN850 2TB

2x WD Black 10TB HDD

Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU

Lian Li O11 Dynamic

6x Corsair ML120 Pro RGB Case Fans

27 minutes ago, Dudepeter2 said:

I recently built a Ryzen 9 3900X build with an Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard. I know there are some Thunderbolt 3 PcIE cards on the market but can I use these with my Ryzen 9 CPU. If not can anyone recommend a good USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C dock on the market (UK Market) that I can use for a few USB expansion items such as my CamLink 4K and my Logitech Lightspeed Reciever

My memory is that only some x570 boards even allow the possibility of thunderbolt, and the card and the motherboard often have to be made for each other.  If there is a thunderbolt card that will work with that motherboard it will likely be made by that particular manufacturer and be quite specific.  Things change all the time though and this info may be out of date.  Knew someone who wanted the cheapest decent x570 board that would take thunderbolt.  The MSRP was like $USA350 at the time.  For just the motherboard iirc.  I talked her into a b550.  The board was lower price, higher quality, and had more i/o

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, Dudepeter2 said:

Like Bombastinator stated you have to get one compatible for your board. Unfortunately yours doesn't have a thunderbolt header so you can't add thunderbolt 3 ports. Some boards had them built in and Gigabyte did a revision to all their x570 boards adding the header.