Ever since forum upgrade, opening a thread as a new tab causes “spacer.png” to try and download

dalekphalm

Browser, version and OS: 

Chrome 87

iOS 14.3

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Opening a thread topic as a new tab

What happened?

Spacer.png attempts to download. Sometimes I get the large prompt, other times it just shows the download button across the bottom - both are visible from my screenshot. 

What did you expect to happen?

I expect a new tab to be opened without any download prompts

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

DC816225-3977-42D5-8FFB-09B79A067E0E.thumb.png.b2e6843f9eed0dc5404ef6def82045ca.png

Any other relevant details:

This doesn’t seem to happen every single time, but it’s damn frequent. 

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Is it only when opening in a new tab, or just that triggers it more often?

And does it happen in every topic that you've replied to (and more)?

HTTP/2 203

51 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is it only when opening in a new tab, or just that triggers it more often?

It only happens when I open a new tab, vs when I just click on a topic link. 

And does it happen in every topic that you've replied to (and more)?

As far as I can tell, it can happen to any topic, regardless of whether I’ve already replied to it, but I will make an effort to check that as it happens again. 

edit: it also happens from the notification link vs also just browsing the forums. 

Happened again in this thread just now:

AF2C12E2-A049-4F30-B6F8-7E9E908DB1F0.thumb.png.bf0f50a423b0441208b17307b365c00f.png

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

As far as I can tell, it can happen to any topic, regardless of whether I’ve already replied to it, but I will make an effort to check that as it happens again. 

Yeah, any topic, but are there any topics that you've replied to (specifically when viewing a page that has your post on) where it doesn't happen? I suspect this is related (via an iOS browser bug I guess) to loading embeds, such as the one in your signature.

HTTP/2 203

On this topic it happens 5 times in a row:

And it happens if I refresh the page. 

I can second this. But for me its usually if I open a new tab and do something else and come back to the page and the browser needs to refresh the page.

P.S. Only happens on mobile(IOS 14.3) on safari.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

• 2 months later...

Is this still happening? I'm finally able to test with some iOS devices, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce it on iOS 12, so I'd like to know if it's worth trying to get a device with iOS 14.

HTTP/2 203

18 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is this still happening? I'm finally able to test with some iOS devices, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce it on iOS 12, so I'd like to know if it's worth trying to get a device with iOS 14.

I have not experienced it in the last 4 weeks so either iOS updates patched it or some update to the forum fixed it.

Edited by Prodigy_Smit

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

23 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'll test on my phone and get back to you.