Help with EZ Debug LED Code No Display

PaoloPauker

Hey there,

I just finished my second build 2 hours ago and tried fixing my Problem.

Heres my Parts List

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kg2sPV

At first I Assembler everything and tried booting it up. LEDs turned on, Fans started spinning but nothing happened on my display. 

Then I found out I needed a new BIOS Version for my CPU to work with the motherboard. Followed the instructions and flashed the BIOS. 

After I tried to Boot up, there's still nothing happenening. I tried reseating the RAM the GPU the CPU, and all the cables. Still nothing.

All I have is my EZ LED Debug Code. But I can't find anything about my specific code online.

Long Flash off the CPU LED Followed by a quick blink of the vga and Boot LED. That scheme is cycling 2 to 3 times. Then the VGA LED is lit. 

Does anyone have an idea which Part of my computer is causing trouble? 

Thank you in advance

8 minutes ago, PaoloPauker said:

Long Flash off the CPU LED Followed by a quick blink of the vga and Boot LED. That scheme is cycling 2 to 3 times. Then the VGA LED is lit. 

If the VGA stays lit, it means it's not finding a video output (your GPU) make sure it's properly seated in the PCI-E slot, as well as all the power connectors are plugged into the GPU. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

If the VGA stays lit, it means it's not finding a video output (your GPU) make sure it's properly seated in the PCI-E slot, as well as all the power connectors are plugged into the GPU. 

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I've reseated the gpu several times and I've redone the Power Connectors too. What about the blinking, that's Happening before the vga light is staying lit?

I've also tried booting without the graphics card. But that didn't work either. 

Just now, PaoloPauker said:

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I've reseated the gpu several times and I've redone the Power Connectors too. What about the blinking, that's Happening before the vga light is staying lit?

I've also tried booting without the graphics card. But that didn't work either. 

Blinking and cycling between the various lights is normal, as that's signaling it's checking everything. When it stays lit on one thing, it indicates a problem

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Blinking and cycling between the various lights is normal, as that's signaling it's checking everything. When it stays lit on one thing, it indicates a problem

Ok, got it but why do I get the same error without the graphics card? Shouldn't I be able to use the onboard graphics if my GPU is broken? 

52 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I just tried booting up with my old gtx 970 gpu and it gave me the same error

Remove one stick of memory and install it into the slot the manual states to run a single stick.

Unplug all the fans except the Cpu fan, leave that one plugged in.

Plan A

Clear the cmos the long way.

Switch off the PSU

Remove the battery.

Hit the power button once to relieve the caps.

Jump the cmos jumper for 10 seconds. 

Leave the board sit for 10 minutes with the battery out.

Install battery and switch on the PSU.

Start the system.

First post check the LEDs. If still lit, plan B

Plan B

Flash the bios using the earliest Agesa first. 1.0.8.0

Then if this posts the system, you're good to go. 

Proceed to the next Agesa update 1.1.0.0 (C or D)

Plan C

Find a 3600X from the local shop or friend and see if the board posts

If it does, use this Cpu to update the bios to support your 5800X.

Plan D

All else fails, Warranty the board.