Type C confusion

Fantomex

I've been out of the gaming world for a few years. I pre-ordered the Scar 17 from Asus (G733 specifically) and it shows it has Type C with support for DP. Does that mean anything special or is just regular Type C? Would I need an adapter or special cable for it to work? 

Could someone also also explain the power delivery as well? Of course, gaming on a laptop, it needs to be plugged in. 

Also could you recommend some monitors that would work?

27"-32"

1440p

At least 144hz

Thank you

24 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

I pre-ordered the Scar 17 from Asus (G733 specifically) and it shows it has Type C with support for DP. Does that mean anything special or is just regular Type C? Would I need an adapter or special cable for it to work? 

USB Type C is a physical standard. It's the shape of the connector.

The manufacturer can decide what is behind this connector, the USB version and any other USB Type C functions.

The USB Type C port on the ASUS Scar 17 is capable of USB 3.2 Gen 1 speeds (which is the new name for USB 3.1 Gen 1, which was the new name for USB 3.0 (5 Gbit/s) and that connector also support Displayport (1.4) video output.

That means this USB Type C port can be used for video out, to adapters to HDMI/VGA/etc. or video output to a monitor which also support USB Type C with displayport.

Because USB Type C can have different standards (including USB 2.0, 3.2 Gen 1/Gen 2, etc., but also with or without Displayport), not all cables will work with video out.

28 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

Could someone also also explain the power delivery as well? Of course, gaming on a laptop, it needs to be plugged in. 

This laptop works with a "typical" laptop charger brick and a barrel jack on the laptop.

Usually when "gaming on the go" without access to a power outlet, the videocard/CPU will run slower, but that depends on the laptop.

You will have the best experience with the laptop plugged into the wall.

I don't really have too much expertise with specific monitors, so can't recommend anything specifically.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The monitor really heavily depends on your budget.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.