rtx 3xxx youtube bug?

I have a 3070 on the way after spending many months trying to buy it. I've recently heard that the new rtx cards have had pretty severe black screen issues with youtube that nvidia hasn't been bothered to fix yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Its off that techtubers that make a living on youtube haven't mentioned this.

I have a 3060 ti FE and 3070 FE cards in my systems and no issue with black screen on youtube

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

5 hours ago, BritTechTips said:

I have a 3070 on the way after spending many months trying to buy it. I've recently heard that the new rtx cards have had pretty severe black screen issues with youtube that nvidia hasn't been bothered to fix yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Its off that techtubers that make a living on youtube haven't mentioned this.

3080 here. Not really a black screen issue but stutter. Or frame drops. 

8 hours ago, BritTechTips said:

RTX 3000 series are documented for having random issues with YouTube playback that can be stuttering and black screening under certain scenarios. Just check on the nVidia forum and you will see many other threads like this. Have you updated your graphics driver to the latest one? Also updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest one might help. I don't know what motherboard you have, but for example, while browsing the Asus support pages for one of my boards the latest BIOS lists performance and compatibility improvements for RTX 3000 series. Might be something to look into. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

43 minutes ago, Analog said:

RTX 3000 series are documented for having random issues with YouTube playback that can be stuttering and black screening under certain scenarios. Just check on the nVidia forum and you will see many other threads like this. Have you updated your graphics driver to the latest one? Also updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest one might help. I don't know what motherboard you have, but for example, while browsing the Asus support pages for one of my boards the latest BIOS lists performance and compatibility improvements for RTX 3000 series. Might be something to look into. 

My 3070 is coming in the next week or so. My mobo is the asus crosshair x370 with the 3700x. Bios is the latest one.

Just now, BritTechTips said:

My 3070 is coming in the next week or so. My mobo is the asus crosshair x370 with the 3700x. Bios is the latest one.

I must have missed the part where you state you don't actually have the card yet. My bad! Anyway, the latest nVidia driver should address the majority if not all of the YouTube-related issues. Me personally, I haven't had any issues with YouTube and my RTX 3080 so I presume it depends on other factors as well. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

list of my two systems

My rig

Ryzen 5 5600X

3070 FE

Asus Strix B550i

32gb Ram

Sons rig

Ryzen 3 3600

3060 Ti

Asus TUF B450M

16gb Ram

both have no issues at all with Youtube

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

My 3070 has no issues with youtube. oddly enough my gaming system with the 3070 can't do hdr without everything being washed out while my htpc with a 1060 does hdr flawlessly.

Not sure that this is only a 30xx series thing.  I get stutters and sometimes hard locks on my GTX1080 when viewing youtube.  I find that doing youtube in a separate window on firefox while doing other web browsing causes issues if an animation, video, gif tries to play in the second window.  Doesn't always do it but I have seen it hard lock my pc that a hard reset of the power supply is the only fix.