Should my GPU and CPU fans have the same RPM?

I've noticed they don't spin the same RPM recently, and my GPU is buzzing, and I really don't feel comfortable now. I'm going to get it checked out soon, but I wanted to ask. At max my CPU is spiing 6000, while my GPU is practically at 5000. 

Edit: Sometimes they sync again, but it's not always.

Edited by MyselfAndI
Left out something.

10 minutes ago, MyselfAndI said:

I've noticed they don't spin the same RPM recently, and my GPU is buzzing, and I really don't feel comfortable now. I'm going to get it checked out soon, but I wanted to ask. At max my CPU is spiing 6000, while my GPU is practically at 5000. 

They are controlled differently and are supposed to run independent. Matching them does nothing as the fan geometry and characteristics are different. Also your gpu is fine above 90C for the most part while your cpu will start to throttle. If your cpu cooler is maxing out already, I think it is time to get a better cooler.

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

They are controlled differently and are supposed to run independent. Matching them does nothing as the fan geometry and characteristics are different. Also your gpu is fine above 90C for the most part while your cpu will start to throttle. If your cpu cooler is maxing out already, I think it is time to get a better cooler.

Alright, I'll look into that then. Thanks for the advice 👍

14 minutes ago, MyselfAndI said:

CPU and GPU are 2 different components. They should not run the same RPM.

They both increase the fan speed depending on the heat received on components. Since they are 2 different components , they don't sync.

Your CPU could be used a lot so therefore, lot of heat, so fan speed increase, but the GPU might not work at all so no need to have fan sped up. Same goes for reverse situation.

Also these numbers doesn't really makes much sesnse " 5000 " " 6000 "

A cpu fan @ 6000 RPM ? What turbo did you install on this fan ???

Most cpu fans run between 600 RPM to 1500, 2000, 2500 rpm

Just now, Panoramix97 said:

Mine never goes over 1300 RPM (cpu) runs @ 600 rpm on idle

Haven't done anything to them, they've always ran like this. It's also an ACER certified refurbish, if that means anything.

Fan speeds.PNG

On 1/25/2021 at 3:08 AM, Panoramix97 said:

Also these numbers doesn't really makes much sesnse " 5000 " " 6000 "

A cpu fan @ 6000 RPM ? What turbo did you install on this fan ???

Most cpu fans run between 600 RPM to 1500, 2000, 2500 rpm

Stock coolers do spin to 5500rpm+. Or it might be water pump from AIO which gives insane rpms.

@MyselfAndI, matching rpm's, or even looking at rpm's in general, is pointless. RPM is just number value thats easy to understand. You can't set some certain rpm since fan controls don't work like that. Most of the time you set fan speed on percentage scale where 0% is 0rpm, 100% is max rpm for the fan, and 50% is half of the max rpm. Depends on fan what those numbers from 1% to 100% actually mean. Plus the fact that most fans give their rpm ratings with 10% margin of error. So some generic 1700rpm rated fan is actually maxing at 1530-1870rpm.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 3:30 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Stock coolers do spin to 5500rpm+. Or it might be water pump from AIO which gives insane rpms.

@MyselfAndI, matching rpm's, or even looking at rpm's in general, is pointless. RPM is just number value thats easy to understand. You can't set some certain rpm since fan controls don't work like that. Most of the time you set fan speed on percentage scale where 0% is 0rpm, 100% is max rpm for the fan, and 50% is half of the max rpm. Depends on fan what those numbers from 1% to 100% actually mean. Plus the fact that most fans give their rpm ratings with 10% margin of error. So some generic 1700rpm rated fan is actually maxing at 1530-1870rpm.

Haven't logged in for a while, seeing this, thanks for the info and correcting me !