Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There are been a lot of reports about Nvidia RTX 3000 series card under preforming. Mostly the RTX 3080. My own RTX 3060 Ti is not able to put up 144 FPS while in Minecraft. (All settings on medium 1080p) Has anyone found a way to fix these problems? Maybe a driver update (My drivers are all up to date)

 

I know this seems like a GOOD problem to have, because at least I have a 3000 series card. But I went out and spent $400 USD on a video card, only for it to preform no better than a RTX 2060. Any help is much appreciated!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

(All settings on medium 1080p)

minecraft java is not very optimized to say the least, if your render distance is above 24 chunks you might start to run into some issues

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you certain you aren't bottlenecked by your cpu? What is your gpu usuage looking like and what is your per thread cpu usage look like? Otherwise it could be a situation where you have to go into nvidia control panel and tell it to use maximum performance mode when playing minecraft. Happened to me with my 2080ti where it wouldn't boost up all the way or even use all of its power until I manually set it to maximum performance for the game that I was having performance issues with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Are you certain you aren't bottlenecked by your cpu? What is your gpu usuage looking like and what is your per thread cpu usage look like? Otherwise it could be a situation where you have to go into nvidia control panel and tell it to use maximum performance mode when playing minecraft. Happened to me with my 2080ti where it wouldn't boost up all the way or even use all of its power until I manually set it to maximum performance for the game that I was having performance issues with. 

CPU is Ryzen 5 3600.

 

Don't think thats it.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you feel you’re under performing in all games or just Minecraft?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1982 Original said:

Do you feel you’re under performing in all games or just Minecraft?

Most games, however in Cyberpunk it's pretty good. 80-120FPS DLSS 1080p medium-high

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem here. I have the RTX 3060 ti, and when i use SEUS shader i barely get 50 fps. idk how people with a 1080 can run the shader. without i get amazing 140 fps aswell

Link to post
Share on other sites

my 3070 given me nothing but grief. wish I'd kept the 2070 sometimes. Games giving me stutters/lag/frame skipping, and some games just plain freeze up the screen for a second or two. Tried so many things to get it stable again (see my thread in the troubleshooting section). 3070 definitely performing worse real world than my 2070 (even if I'm getting slightly higher fps.....not worth it if it's hitching all the time).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 11:29 PM, MarvintheParrot said:

There are been a lot of reports about Nvidia RTX 3000 series card under preforming. Mostly the RTX 3080. My own RTX 3060 Ti is not able to put up 144 FPS while in Minecraft. (All settings on medium 1080p) Has anyone found a way to fix these problems? Maybe a driver update (My drivers are all up to date)

 

I know this seems like a GOOD problem to have, because at least I have a 3000 series card. But I went out and spent $400 USD on a video card, only for it to preform no better than a RTX 2060. Any help is much appreciated!

I spent 900$ on 3070 to get 30 fps on cyberpunk -_-

My humble setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T2hrW3

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×