Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good headset combination for music production and gaming?

Hey guys,

im searching for a good headset i could use for gaming and still be accurate enough for music production.

I currently use a HyperX Cloud II that has audio driver issues so i could definetly use an upgrade.

However i havent found a good package that suits all needs.

 

I was looking at a Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Se for gaming, video meetings and because its wireless and seems to be good

and a Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro for Music Production and because i'd prefer open backs.

 

So i got two questions:

Do you know a good combined alternative?

 

If not should i continue using my generic hyperx soundcard that came with my old headset or would you advice to step up to a dac like a focusrite scarlet?

I dont know if the old soundcard can drive them and still be accurate.

 

Thanks for the help in advance

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a corsair virtuoso rgb for about 6 months now and I love it in every way. gamingwise you have crystalclear audio and you can trim it to your liking through icue. The microphone quality is also one of the best on the market and bear it mind that it is still wireless. I dont know a lot about music production but i think you can change the sound on the corsair virtuoso through ICue enough to make it work

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would look into something neutral and detailed.and kinda easy to drive Beyers are nice like the DT 880 but they are hard to drive and a Scarlett would not be able to drive them. If you wanted to drop a $100 on a magni 3+ or a fiio k5 pro then a dt 880 250 or 600 ohm would be a good consideration. A 990 would be decent but they are more colored and less accurate then a 880. A HD 600 can also be up for consideration once you get and amp but I would not use them for gaming. 

 

 

 

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:32 gig G.Skill Neo GPU: RTX 3070 Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 500 gig WD blue SSD x1 500 gig 860 evo SSD x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:750W Focus G Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> Liquid spark DAC---> monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark/Liquid Platinum---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I would look into something neutral and detailed.and kinda easy to drive Beyers are nice like the DT 880 but they are hard to drive and a Scarlett would not be able to drive them. If you wanted to drop a $100 on a magni 3+ or a fiio k5 pro then a dt 880 250 or 600 ohm would be a good consideration. A 990 would be decent but they are more colored and less accurate then a 880. A HD 600 can also be up for consideration once you get and amp but I would not use them for gaming. 

 

 

Im not really a professional so would you say a 770 with 80 ohms would be accurate enough? And i saw that the dt 990 are also 250 ohm so i prob couldnt drive them either right?

My current headphones have 60 ohms so 80 ohms should be fine to drive...

The only reason i liked the 990 more than the 770 was the open back design.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tobi_S12 said:

Im not really a professional so would you say a 770 with 80 ohms would be accurate enough? And i saw that the dt 990 are also 250 ohm so i prob couldnt drive them either right?

My current headphones have 60 ohms so 80 ohms should be fine to drive...

The only reason i liked the 990 more than the 770 was the open back design.

Yeah I tend to hesitate to reccomend any Beyers lower than 80 ohms personally due to the 250 or 600 ohms being much better. A good option here would be the beyerdynamic tygr if you can find them in stock anywhere abit more expensive but is the best sound 32 ohm Beyer sub $500 imo 

 

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:32 gig G.Skill Neo GPU: RTX 3070 Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 500 gig WD blue SSD x1 500 gig 860 evo SSD x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:750W Focus G Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> Liquid spark DAC---> monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark/Liquid Platinum---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

@Tobi_S12
What do you consider to be music production?

Music Production in Ableton so sound design, mixing, mastering etc

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rice guru said:

Yeah I tend to hesitate to reccomend any Beyers lower than 80 ohms personally due to the 250 or 600 ohms being much better. A good option here would be the beyerdynamic tygr if you can find them in stock anywhere abit more expensive but is the best sound 32 ohm Beyer sub $500 imo 

Ok thanks...i will probably get a dt880 edition 250 ohm, a fiio e10k (should be enough i dont crank the volume anyway, if its not enough ill send it back and get a k5 pro) and a mod mic usb

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×