Good headset combination for music production and gaming?

Tobi_S12

Hey guys,

im searching for a good headset i could use for gaming and still be accurate enough for music production.

I currently use a HyperX Cloud II that has audio driver issues so i could definetly use an upgrade.

However i havent found a good package that suits all needs.

I was looking at a Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Se for gaming, video meetings and because its wireless and seems to be good

and a Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro for Music Production and because i'd prefer open backs.

So i got two questions:

Do you know a good combined alternative?

If not should i continue using my generic hyperx soundcard that came with my old headset or would you advice to step up to a dac like a focusrite scarlet?

I dont know if the old soundcard can drive them and still be accurate.

Thanks for the help in advance

I have a corsair virtuoso rgb for about 6 months now and I love it in every way. gamingwise you have crystalclear audio and you can trim it to your liking through icue. The microphone quality is also one of the best on the market and bear it mind that it is still wireless. I dont know a lot about music production but i think you can change the sound on the corsair virtuoso through ICue enough to make it work

I would look into something neutral and detailed.and kinda easy to drive Beyers are nice like the DT 880 but they are hard to drive and a Scarlett would not be able to drive them. If you wanted to drop a $100 on a magni 3+ or a fiio k5 pro then a dt 880 250 or 600 ohm would be a good consideration. A 990 would be decent but they are more colored and less accurate then a 880. A HD 600 can also be up for consideration once you get and amp but I would not use them for gaming. 

8 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I would look into something neutral and detailed.and kinda easy to drive Beyers are nice like the DT 880 but they are hard to drive and a Scarlett would not be able to drive them. If you wanted to drop a $100 on a magni 3+ or a fiio k5 pro then a dt 880 250 or 600 ohm would be a good consideration. A 990 would be decent but they are more colored and less accurate then a 880. A HD 600 can also be up for consideration once you get and amp but I would not use them for gaming. 

Im not really a professional so would you say a 770 with 80 ohms would be accurate enough? And i saw that the dt 990 are also 250 ohm so i prob couldnt drive them either right?

My current headphones have 60 ohms so 80 ohms should be fine to drive...

The only reason i liked the 990 more than the 770 was the open back design.

1 hour ago, Tobi_S12 said:

Im not really a professional so would you say a 770 with 80 ohms would be accurate enough? And i saw that the dt 990 are also 250 ohm so i prob couldnt drive them either right?

My current headphones have 60 ohms so 80 ohms should be fine to drive...

The only reason i liked the 990 more than the 770 was the open back design.

Yeah I tend to hesitate to reccomend any Beyers lower than 80 ohms personally due to the 250 or 600 ohms being much better. A good option here would be the beyerdynamic tygr if you can find them in stock anywhere abit more expensive but is the best sound 32 ohm Beyer sub $500 imo 

11 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

@Tobi_S12
What do you consider to be music production?

Music Production in Ableton so sound design, mixing, mastering etc

13 hours ago, rice guru said:

Yeah I tend to hesitate to reccomend any Beyers lower than 80 ohms personally due to the 250 or 600 ohms being much better. A good option here would be the beyerdynamic tygr if you can find them in stock anywhere abit more expensive but is the best sound 32 ohm Beyer sub $500 imo 

Ok thanks...i will probably get a dt880 edition 250 ohm, a fiio e10k (should be enough i dont crank the volume anyway, if its not enough ill send it back and get a k5 pro) and a mod mic usb