Motherboard Swap - Worried about the software aspect

Go to solution Solved by MANDELMILCH,

So i just did the motherboard swap with no reinstalling of windows or any backup whatsoever. My system booted up instantly and i had no problems at all. Windows updated all Intel Drivers for me and all I had to do once they installed was to restart my system. Since then it has been working flawlessly.

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Apex Legends, CSGO, Rainbow Six Siege, Programming and 3D Modeling

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Im about to swap my motherboard because my old one didn't give me enough room to upgrade and i am really worried about the process. Swapping the motherboard itself shouldn't be a problem for me, however what i am really anxious about is the software aspects that come along swapping your motherboard. I have already read a ton of articles saying you need/don't need to reinstall windows and how you reactivate it and what not. Can somebody give me their expertise of performing a motherboard swap. Should i create a backup for my PC? Also i am not swapping any storage modules only the motherboard. Can i still choose my m2 ssd which is my boot or do i have to unplug every storage unit except that boot ssd?

Pls help me i really dont want to fuck this up.

So i just did the motherboard swap with no reinstalling of windows or any backup whatsoever. My system booted up instantly and i had no problems at all. Windows updated all Intel Drivers for me and all I had to do once they installed was to restart my system. Since then it has been working flawlessly.