I cant figure out why my pc is freezing!

Patchmaster
7 hours ago, LivelyCornet640 said:

i have cam with no problems, try reinstalling it

What NZXT device do you have?  There’s a whole other thread full of people with the same issue blaming CAM. Maybe it’s the actual NZXT device. I’m using the fan/rgb hub. 

6 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

What NZXT device do you have?  There’s a whole other thread full of people with the same issue blaming CAM. Maybe it’s the actual NZXT device. I’m using the fan/rgb hub. 

see i taken my nzxt device out for an rma replacement and i was still getting the freezes. i seem to be running better without chrome and using firefox dunno if that makes a difference but we all know how heavy chrome is

1 minute ago, Patchmaster said:

see i taken my nzxt device out for an rma replacement and i was still getting the freezes. i seem to be running better without chrome and using firefox dunno if that makes a difference but we all know how heavy chrome is

The other commonality I see is that almost all of us say the freezing happens while watching online videos. Now, when I’m not gaming, that almost always what I’m doing. So maybe just a coincidence. But, that does seem to be the activity. 

14 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

The other commonality I see is that almost all of us say the freezing happens while watching online videos. Now, when I’m not gaming, that almost always what I’m doing. So maybe just a coincidence. But, that does seem to be the activity. 

yeah it does make sense as i was watching on chrome would definately get freezes but since iv moved to firefox 2 days ago no freezes yet

On 1/29/2021 at 6:22 PM, 1982 Original said:

Yeah mine had been using the Netflix app, and using a Remote Desktop application, which I guess technically is “video streaming” 

On 1/29/2021 at 5:54 AM, 1982 Original said:

I dont use anything

Well its been at least a week now and not one freeze! im not sure if its a coinsidence but as soon as i stopped using chrome my issues stopped

17 minutes ago, Patchmaster said:

Well its been at least a week now and not one freeze! im not sure if its a coinsidence but as soon as i stopped using chrome my issues stopped

Is that in conjunction with the removal of NZXT CAM?

1 hour ago, are512 said:

Is that in conjunction with the removal of NZXT CAM?

yeah but i still froze when NZXT CAM was removed

22 hours ago, Patchmaster said:

talk about the jynx of jynxes i just had another lock up. but this time i was able to restart with the start menu for the first time

5 hours ago, Patchmaster said:

talk about the jynx of jynxes i just had another lock up. but this time i was able to restart with the start menu for the first time

Ahh man . I'm having these lockup issues too . When I play games it runs fine but doing anything else like going into file explorer . Copying files or opening the internet causes ot to freeze . It started after I used geforce experience. Either that or after I removed windscribe . 

On 2/5/2021 at 10:20 AM, are512 said:

Wow... could it be a hardware issue?

iv tested all hardware with tests and all come back fine, i messaged Adata who manufacture my m.2 and they say it does sound like it is an issue with the drive so im gonna retest another drive for a longer period and see what happens i guess

so now i have had another freeze on a different hdd but after testing ram gpu cpu etc coming back fine im not sure what other route to take

Just now, Patchmaster said:

so now i have had another freeze on a different hdd but after testing ram gpu cpu etc coming back fine im not sure what other route to take

I haven't had any freezes in quite a long time, but I also haven't been watching online videos much.  Which is where 100% of my freezes occurred.  I replaced: CPU, RAM, and Power Supply, still had the issue.  I have a replacement m.2 drive if it keeps occurring.  To me, it doesn't seem like a hardware issue.  It seems like a driver or a buggy Windows 10 version.

Hey guys! - copying answer from different topic.

Seems like I have a very similar problem. The system slowly freeze until I can move only with my mouse. Never happens during gaming. The problem was appearing quite frenquently, then for about month no issues at all - and now it does again. Some people recommend to uninstall nvidia audio drives (I've just disabled them). I'll probably try to uninstall nvidia experience and just install clean graphic drivers without any audio. But I'm not very optimistic :L

Also it may have connection with hardware acceleration. 

my cpu: ryzen 5600X, mobo: MSI B550, gpu: ASUS 3070 strix.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:06 AM, onddra said:

Hey guys! - copying answer from different topic.

Seems like I have a very similar problem. The system slowly freeze until I can move only with my mouse. Never happens during gaming. The problem was appearing quite frenquently, then for about month no issues at all - and now it does again. Some people recommend to uninstall nvidia audio drives (I've just disabled them). I'll probably try to uninstall nvidia experience and just install clean graphic drivers without any audio. But I'm not very optimistic :L

Also it may have connection with hardware acceleration. 

my cpu: ryzen 5600X, mobo: MSI B550, gpu: ASUS 3070 strix.

I doubt it could be the NVIDIA audio drivers entirely, as I have an AMD GPU. But this is all interesting, although I've performed a health check on my SSD with no issues, although I'm yet to have the issue recently, and what I've been doing is closing NZXT CAM everytime I turn on my PC