OPTIONS ARGH

vopos

So I need to choose my options now :(, so I came to ask you what I should choose! So I want to be an architect, industrial designer or civil engineer when I'm older (I think that might be important.) So far I thought about woodworks, art, geography and triple science. However, the only one there that I find really fun is woodworks, what do you guys think I should choose?

Well you'll have to have a passion for science to do engineering and you need to be really good at maths. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Depending on your age, finish school, 6th form/college, and then decide if you still want to do those things and study them at University.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I dont think any one on a forum has the ability to choose your future. No should we. 

That said, Architecture is a good career. I've heard from a couple of architecture grads I know that its not quite as glamorous as most people think. Industrial designers are rapidly loosing ground to engineers, so I would say if you really wanted to go that path look into Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering. Civil Engineers... Well... Im a Mechanical Engineer, and we always make fun of Civils. I have several friends who are Civil Engineers, its a good path, just not quite as cool as Mechanical Engineering. :)

Good luck! 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

See the pre-requisites that you need to get into them, and learn them. 

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Are there any other subjects such as graphic communications, because 3 sciences are not necessary unless you want to become a doctor

Look at the university courses and see what you need

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Well you'll have to have a passion for science to do engineering and you need to be really good at maths. 

I like physics but chemistry and biology are just tedious 

I dont think any one on a forum has the ability to choose your future. No should we. 

That said, Architecture is a good career. I've heard from a couple of architecture grads I know that its not quite as glamorous as most people think. Industrial designers are rapidly loosing ground to engineers, so I would say if you really wanted to go that path look into Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering. Civil Engineers... Well... Im a Mechanical Engineer, and we always make fun of Civils. I have several friends who are Civil Engineers, its a good path, just not quite as cool as Mechanical Engineering. :)

Good luck! 

So what GCSE's would be best for all of them? Would ICT help?

Do them all! Well maybe pick one that covers part of the other and then do the work to learn the third on your own or part time.

Why limit what you know/learn? Don't fall for the "everyone else is only picking one" option, you know there's people that sure stay in school/college for longer than normal (5 to 8 years) but come out with multiple degree's and multiple job options and well life options.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

So what GCSE's would be best for all of them? Would ICT help?

Any associates in mathematics or drafting would be helpful for engineering for sure. Architecture might benefit more from something like a mechanical design associates. I guess I dont know for absolute sure, I went strait from high school to a university. One of my friends did a drafting associates and worked as a drafter for 4 or 5 years before getting his bachelors in Civil Engineering.

As for ICT, I couldn't possibly imagine that it would hurt but it is also not something most employers looking for an engineer are interested in. Think of it more of a leg up than something that employers are seeking. 

Although I have to warn you that most people who are trying to decide between architecture and engineering end up in architecture. It tends to be a much less demanding course load and boatloads less math, which for most people is a reason to stay away from engineering.

Where are you located? Things may differ quite a bit depending on your location. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Any associates in mathematics or drafting would be helpful for engineering for sure. Architecture might benefit more from something like a mechanical design associates. I guess I dont know for absolute sure, I went strait from high school to a university. One of my friends did a drafting associates and worked as a drafter for 4 or 5 years before getting his bachelors in Civil Engineering.

As for ICT, I couldn't possibly imagine that it would hurt but it is also not something most employers looking for an engineer are interested in. Think of it more of a leg up than something that employers are seeking. 

Although I have to warn you that most people who are trying to decide between architecture and engineering end up in architecture. It tends to be a much less demanding course load and boatloads less math, which for most people is a reason to stay away from engineering.

Where are you located? Things may differ quite a bit depending on your location. 

London, but I do think being an engineer is cooler though