Should i upgrade CPU or GPU?

Guys, good afternoon!

I'm in doubt of what should I put as a priority for upgrading my PC:
CPU or GPU

my specs are i5 8600k and GPU a Vega 56 Nitro +
I play in 1080p.

Or I upgrade the CPU to an 8700k or the GPU for any of the new RTX 3XXX or RX 6XXX
At 1080p, which would be more advantageous in my setup?
I imagined that it would be the CPU because the 8600k has 6/6 and the 8700k has 6/12, I imagine that multithread would help more than a new gpu for the current resolution that I play.

What do you think?

Well to be honest it's kinda hard to answer that since you still have a capable parts to play good enough in 1080p.

Hyperthreading will help but not by much, don't count on it too much.

What's important with games is to have a good clock speed and 6 cores minimum.

Vega 56 is far from being bad. But if you really have to choose right now, i say this is the one to go.

Get a 3060ti, 3070 or RX6800.

But with this upgrade it's ashame if you don't upgrade your monitor too, at least a 1440p / 144hz.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

17 minutes ago, xubeiga said:

Guys, good afternoon!

I'm in doubt of what should I put as a priority for upgrading my PC:
CPU or GPU

my specs are i5 8600k and GPU a Vega 56 Nitro +
I play in 1080p.

Or I upgrade the CPU to an 8700k or the GPU for any of the new RTX 3XXX or RX 6XXX
At 1080p, which would be more advantageous in my setup?
I imagined that it would be the CPU because the 8600k has 6/6 and the 8700k has 6/12, I imagine that multithread would help more than a new gpu for the current resolution that I play.

What do you think?

The CPU would be a minor step up, the GPUs are unavailable, unless you are willing to pay scalper pricing, so my advice? Wait until things quiet down

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

i've seen people saying that for example Detroit Become Human is a game that works better with multithread...that's why i brought cpu upgrade to the table

here in Brazil i can find all these new gpus but the price is obviously high but i'm not hopeful that prices will fall anytime soon

i have plans for 1440 in the future and that's why if i buy a GPU i will buy a gpu that works very very good on 1080p and in the future in 1440p it would still be good for at least gaming on high...

but 1440p is still far away for me, so in this moment i'd like to focus on what would give me better performance right now

so in 1080p multithread wouldnt change much? so i think GPU is the choice

thanks for the answers guys!

1080p/60 that setup still very strong. I wouldn't bother especially given the current market for components being stupid expensive.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x