H90 to H100, MASSIVE cooling improvement

I began to be concerned with my H90 for my FX-9370 once I overclocked the CPU. I went from the base clock of 4.4 to 4.8, so essentially it is running at the turbo mode continually. At this stage, CPU temps stayed at 40C when doing light work (no gaming, just watching youtube or twitch and surfing the web), which wasn't OK with me. This was with push/pull Noctua AF-14 fans at full 12 volts. I decided to pull the trigger on a refurbished H100 and a set of SP120 PWM Perf. edition fans and after installing them last night, it has made a drastic improvement, so much so that I don't see the reason for corsair to sell the H90 IMO. The CPU now runs at 27C - 30C when doing the same light workload (motherboard is around 24C at the same time) and I have yet to see the CPU get above 45C during anything. For reference, I just got Metro Last Light on sale from Steam so I maxed it out fully (I run a 780 in my rig) and even with this running the CPU didn't reach 50C, which I find excellent. To be fair the Noctua fans were much quieter (although the SP120s aren't stupid loud, but just loud enough to hear an air whooshing sound when no audio is being played), but for the drastic increase in performance, this was a home run for me. My only complaint isn't even with the AIO itself, just that it was a bit of an effort to install in my R4. 

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

I totally agree with you that 140mm aio doesnt have a big market. If you are restricted by space in case, no matter the case, it will be usually space for 120mm aio cooler like h60, or seidon or whatever. But for normal uses, there are cpu air coolers that are same price as AIO and perform same or better, not to mention reliability.

those that do fit h90, fit big aircoolers also, like Node 304 and bitfenix prodigy. and it costs also too much.

Those that fit 240mm, h90 is kinda waste of money :P

Well the cpu makes alot of heat, and you got at least 40% more surface area with h100i rad for heat dissipation, so its kinda expected.

I totally agree with you that 140mm aio doesnt have a big market. If you are restricted by space in case, no matter the case, it will be usually space for 120mm aio cooler like h60, or seidon or whatever. But for normal uses, there are cpu air coolers that are same price as AIO and perform same or better, not to mention reliability.

those that do fit h90, fit big aircoolers also, like Node 304 and bitfenix prodigy. and it costs also too much.

Those that fit 240mm, h90 is kinda waste of money :P

Well the cpu makes alot of heat, and you got at least 40% more surface area with h100i rad for heat dissipation, so its kinda expected.

I was honestly surprised at how big of an improvement it turned out to be. I realized I was going to gain a bit of an increase in cooling, but this drastic of an improvement was well beyond my expectations. I also want to attribute some of this to what I think is a much better pump in the H100 as I'm not sold on the value in the pump that corsair uses for the 140mm AIO's. I think if they improved the pump or just took the H100i pump and stuck it to the h110 or h90 rad it would make a pretty big difference. That and them coming out with a 140mm version of the SP fans would also help tremendously

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.