First build budget advice

1stMidnight

Budget (including currency): 1600-1800usd (Lower is the best)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Bitcoin Mining, I'm aware this is overkill, but i'm looking for something future proof, as i'm getting in to basic photo/video editing and music production

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a wifi card for 2230 NVME, as well as a GTX 1070 that I can take from my current pc. I'm using the 1070 for bitcoin mining. I'm also changing the PSU in this list to a 1000w.

Anyone have any advice to get cost down, or a better build for the price?

Edit: I also found this on offerup, which seems like a crazy good deal with some tweaking. Might be too good to be true.

https://offerup.co/rVemAAI1fdb

2 minutes ago, 1stMidnight said:

Lower is the best

2 minutes ago, 1stMidnight said:

I'm aware this is overkill, Shut up

so which one is it? you want lower or you want overkill?

4 minutes ago, 1stMidnight said:

Budget (including currency): 1600-1800usd (Lower is the best)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Bitcoin Mining, I'm aware this is overkill, Shut up

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a wifi card for 2230 NVME, as well as a GTX 1070 that I can take from my current pc. I'm using the 1070 for bitcoin mining. I'm also changing the PSU in this list to a 1000w.

Anyone have any advice to get cost down, or a better build for the price?

12 cores is useless for what your doing. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

43 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Thank you!

Edit: Well, just realized this is missing all cooling components, so thats a +200 if I want something good enough to cool for bitcoin mining

I'm aware, but I can get a 3900x for the same price so I am probably going for that.

43 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

so which one is it? you want lower or you want overkill?

Even my 1070 is quite overkill for everything but bitcoin mining. I'm looking for something future proof. Lower is obviously better, but as I kept adding things important the price kept rising.

15 minutes ago, 1stMidnight said:

I'm aware, but I can get a 3900x for the same price so I am probably going for that.

where are you getting a 3900x for $330 from?

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

where are you getting a 3900x for $330 from?

Someone is locally selling one new in box for that. I also found quite a few for 350 on ebay, if you wait a bit you can probably snipe one for that.

24 minutes ago, 1stMidnight said:

Ok, just note that the 5600x is 20 - 30% faster in most games at 1080p

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

Ok, just note that the 5600x is 20 - 30% faster in most games at 1080p

Yeah, but the 3900x is going to be better for productivity. Thanks for the tip, though! I only have a 1440p monitor, and I don't care about max settings (nor do I play many AAA games) so I think I will be fine.

1 minute ago, 1stMidnight said:

Yeah, but the 3900x is going to be better for productivity. Thanks for the tip, though! I only have a 1440p monitor, and I don't care about max settings (nor do I play many AAA games) so I think I will be fine.

Oh, since your playing at 1440 go for the 3900x.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, 1stMidnight said:

Yeah, but i'm looking for 4 x 8gb, since doesn't that make ryzen cpus like 20-30% faster?

it's 2 ranks per channel that makes it faster and most 16gb sticks have 2 ranks per stick, so you should be fine with 2x16.