The shape of OnePlus to come - Vivo X60 Pro Plus / IQOO 7 announced

williamcll

The two phones are equipped with the snapdragon 888, it is a bit faster than the non plus version X60 and X60P that runs on the exynos 1080. Interestingly, Vivo has opted to use Zeiss cameras like that of Nokia. Comes with a wide 1080@120Hz screen

hero-img-d.jpg

The Weibo post that carries the above shown poster states that the Snapdragon 888 powered Vivo X60 Pro+ is equipped with dual main cameras. It is said that the phone is fitted with a 50-megapixel Samsung GN1 primary camera and a superwide lens with micro-gimbal camera. Customers in China can pre-book the Vivo X60 Pro+ 5G by visiting the official online store by paying 50 Yuan ($8).  The phone is listed in two color variants such as Dark Blue and Classic Orange. It can be bought in two variants such as 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage and 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage.

For the IQOO, which is more targeted to mobile gamers and carries a cheaper price, it has similar internal specs but trades a worse camera for a dual 2000MAh battery than can charge up to 120Ws. Dual Speakers but no jack

78ecf6c107fff65f7dea15f81ea0564b.jpg

No models have expandable storage, but they do have UFS 3.1 flash storage and LPDDR5 RAM. iQOO has not cut costs with the display either, with a 6.62-inch AMOLED screen used that has a 120 Hz peak refresh rate. The 1080p panel also has a 300 Hz touch sampling rate and can detect pressure changes, much like Apple's 3D Touch technology could. Developers must adopt the technology in the iQOO 7 though, so we expect only a few apps, including those from iQOO, will.

More importantly, it has a better cooling among all the current 888 phones:

Source: https://playfuldroid.com/vivo-x60-pro-5g-to-feature-dual-main-cameras-official-renders-appear/

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-iQOO-7-is-one-of-the-cheapest-Snapdragon-888-smartphones-released-so-far.514956.0.html
Thoughts: at 590 USD the 8GB IQOO 7 is pretty good for price. Though my OnePlus 6 is still kicking I think I am still going to hold onto the 888 plus that might come out later on. The X60P+ is starting get apple levels of naming stupidity however.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Was eagerly waiting for VIVOs response with the 888 since they like to use popup cameras, just to be disappointed to see they went with holepunch displays, another generation skipped.

I wonder when OnePlus will go with full display again, if not it's auto-skip for me.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

While samsung learns how to make their ultra phone looks better, vivo is now making their phone looks ugly