AIO Aorus 240 whirring noise

Betaraptor01
Go to solution Solved by Quackers101,
8 minutes ago, Betaraptor01 said:

I'm quite sure it's not coil whine or bubbles, the noise is quite deep and vibrating, literally like a small motor. Also I'm sure it's coming from the block, not fans.

Could be a problem with it, inside and might be nice to return it for a new one.

Like if this is something of a problem of the internals and if this might be a common issue for those AIO's?

At least, if you can get sent back a new one?

Greetings,

yesterday I've built my first computer, and everything seems to be working, except for the weird noise the AIO pump makes. It's not that "bubbling" noise most people talk about, more like whirring or sharp "purring" sound, sort of electrical sounding. It's coming directly from the block, not the fans or any other component (if CPU itself cannot make noise 😄 ) Also, it's not constant, usually it's almost silent for like a minute, then it goes wrrrrrrrrrrrum for like 10 secs and goes silent again. I checked the software and the noise is in NO direct proportion to pump speed, fan speed or CPU temp. (Temp is constant both before and during the sound, but it seemingly does this only when CPU is NOT under heavy load.)

I know I should probably RMA it, but as a young PC enthusiast, I'd also like to know what might be causing it.
Thanks!

CPU should never make a sound, could be the liquid the pump gets and air bubbles or you would hear some coil whine.

You can check this by moving the radiator around, but doing that can be complicated while running without fans.

ofc we dont know if the spinning part inside has any issues. but if its new, it shouldn't have any.

I'm quite sure it's not coil whine or bubbles, the noise is quite deep and vibrating, literally like a small motor. Also I'm sure it's coming from the block, not fans.

8 minutes ago, Betaraptor01 said:

Could be a problem with it, inside and might be nice to return it for a new one.

Like if this is something of a problem of the internals and if this might be a common issue for those AIO's?

At least, if you can get sent back a new one?

I can RMA it, but given how much effort it took me to assemble it (first self made pc) I'd like to know what the problem could be and if it will go away. It was working fine for a day and then this low frequency noise started to appear in regular intervals. I wasn't able to find anyone reporting this exact sound in any AIO really...