Aorus 470 Suddenly wont Post

Justin1201

Built this pc January 2019 for my daughter for college and light gaming and has worked great until 1/14/2021 and then all of a sudden on start up

it wouldn't post. It powers on all lights come on. The GPU fans do not engage. I did nothing with any hardware in this computer since it was built.

The Mobo has a red stable CPU led light that stays lit. I replaced the CPU with a step up Ryzen 5 3600 that was brand new hoping

that it was the problem. It was not so I came here and followed a Readme post about what to do with a pc that wont boot or post.

Followed all the steps, Tried 1 ram stick, reseated everything, reset the CMos several times. Still nothing. 

[EDIT: I Did test the GPU. It works perfectly in other machines, and other Graphic cards are doing the same, fans not spinning, No video out]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming Rev.1

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8gb) DDDR4 3200Mhz c16

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX560 OC

SSD: Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 500gb

PSUThermaltake Smart RGB 500plus80

12 minutes ago, Justin1201 said:

Built this pc January 2019 for my daughter for college and light gaming and has worked great until 1/14/2021 and then all of a sudden on start up

it wouldn't post. It powers on all lights come on. The GPU fans do not engage. I did nothing with any hardware in this computer since it was built.

The Mobo has a red stable CPU led light that stays lit. I replaced the CPU with a step up Ryzen 5 3600 that was brand new hoping

that it was the problem. It was not so I came here and followed a Readme post about what to do with a pc that wont boot or post.

Followed all the steps, Tried 1 ram stick, reseated everything, reset the CMos several times. Still nothing. 

Have you tried a newer PSU?

Also, are you certain the mobo's existing BIOS version supports the R5/3600?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

13 minutes ago, Justin1201 said:

Can you check whether it's the GPU ? Maybe try the onboard port?

-- BSOD : ( --

21 minutes ago, ZackCodesAI said:

Can you check whether it's the GPU ? Maybe try the onboard port?

The Ryzen series CPUs dont have Gpus built in, so they have to have a dedicated GPU. However I have swapped the Graphics card out and confirmed it works in other pcs.

31 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Have you tried a newer PSU?

Also, are you certain the mobo's existing BIOS version supports the R5/3600?

The PSU is good. I am sure it supports Ryzen 5 series. The 2600 is Ryzen 5 series and it wont Post Bios with that CPU either which It worked perfectly fine on for a year before it suddenly wouldnt work.