I need help

hope1ess

Okay so . . .

Ive been playing my whole life on a 2012 lenovo t430  thinkpad and i got really good at cs and valorant but recently some sht happened and i thought its time to switch to a pc

i did find a deal with a 1th gen i3 and a 1060 for under 400 euro but it got sold too fast (f in the comments )  and now ive been searching even more and found something but i want to know if its good

here are the basic specs (really basic specs)

Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)

8 GB DDR3
 500 GB HDD - (i am going to by myself a 512 kingston ssd because ive got a ssd on my laptop and i cant even stand hdds)
 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB 128 bit

so i wanna know if its good for under 400 euros  and give me more tips about getting into the desktop  pc community

i wish i could build a pc but my situation (me and some friends have tournament soon cuz we ourself formed an amateur team ) is so fcking messed up but if i had the time i wouldve built a pc

I WISH I could get a PC that good for comparable prices! If I were in your place, I'd get that immediately! But the choice is really up to you.

im asking because on reddit  people are saying that build isnt worth it considering this exists

(which is like 413 euro or something like that so im really getting split between two choices buy that pc nearly immediately or wait for a better deal

also another problem is that this pc i  wondering if i should buy has only 8 gb ddr3 ram (i know god awful right ) and thats where the "good deal" part of it ends the pc doesnt have much to upgrade ;(:(:(:(:(

4 minutes ago, hope1ess said:

im asking because on reddit  people are saying that build isnt worth it considering this exists

(which is like 413 euro or something like that so im really getting split between two choices buy that pc nearly immediately or wait for a better deal

also another problem is that this pc i  wondering if i should buy has only 8 gb ddr3 ram (i know god awful right ) and thats where the "good deal" part of it ends the pc doesnt have much to upgrade ;(:(:(:(:(

If you can afford the increase of this build (tax/shipping included) I'd say go for this instead 

Otherwise, the 3770 system really isn't that bad. 8GB of memory still goes a long way in 2021, don't worry much about that

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

38 minutes ago, Slottr said:

If you can afford the increase of this build (tax/shipping included) I'd say go for this instead 

Otherwise, the 3770 system really isn't that bad. 8GB of memory still goes a long way in 2021, don't worry much about that

there is also one other option

PRIME H370-PLUS
Intel Core i3-8100 Coffee Lake, сокет LGA1151
8GB DDR4 2666MHz (oooh yeah that sweet ddr4)

NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce GTX1050 Ti 4 GB
1TB HDD (ill get a ssd or put my current one in there )
thanks for the help and i  kinda more people see this cause im kinda fcked rn

1 hour ago, hope1ess said:

PRIME H370-PLUS

Nah that's not worth it compared to the others

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

8 hours ago, Slottr said:

Nah that's not worth it compared to the others

but doesnt it hvae more upgrade paths for the future

12 hours ago, hope1ess said:

Don't ever directly compare US prices to EUR prices. US prices don't have tax included, so you need to add 18% (or more if you have higher VAT) to those prices to see if it would be better.

Also how much is "under €400"? Just those parts you have I would estimate to be like €250-280. GPU being the most expensive since its rather new. CPU+mobo+RAM is something like €100 as package. With decent case and PSU it could be like €350 as decent asking price.

11 hours ago, hope1ess said:

PRIME H370-PLUS

That has newer mobo, best CPU being i7 9900-variants. But GPU is worse than the other would have. So if you think upgrades, you can get new CPU, you would need aftermarket cooler if you go with i7, more RAM, but most importantly better GPU. Whereas 3770 is still good CPU if you only game on it. The newer i3 isn't actually better on paper, just about same.

This too depends on how much "under €400" it actually is and what case and PSU come with it. Well, came maybe not that much. But PSU can either add value or be something you need to think about if/when upgrading.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Don't ever directly compare US prices to EUR prices. US prices don't have tax included, so you need to add 18% (or more if you have higher VAT) to those prices to see if it would be better.

Also how much is "under €400"? Just those parts you have I would estimate to be like €250-280. GPU being the most expensive since its rather new. CPU+mobo+RAM is something like €100 as package. With decent case and PSU it could be like €350 as decent asking price.

That has newer mobo, best CPU being i7 9900-variants. But GPU is worse than the other would have. So if you think upgrades, you can get new CPU, you would need aftermarket cooler if you go with i7, more RAM, but most importantly better GPU. Whereas 3770 is still good CPU if you only game on it. The newer i3 isn't actually better on paper, just about same.

This too depends on how much "under €400" it actually is and what case and PSU come with it. Well, came maybe not that much. But PSU can either add value or be something you need to think about if/when upgrading.

well  my dad said my budget was not 400 euro but 500 so i guess ill try finding better deals or finding relly good offers for parts to ugrade with

41 minutes ago, hope1ess said:

well  my dad said my budget was not 400 euro but 500 so i guess ill try finding better deals or finding relly good offers for parts to ugrade with

Well, budget and the cost are different. In order to say whether something is good or not, we do need the actual price. Its not like you are gonna give seller €400 when they are asking for €320 for the rig.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

34 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, budget and the cost are different. In order to say whether something is good or not, we do need the actual price. Its not like you are gonna give seller €400 when they are asking for €320 for the rig.

1 hour ago, hope1ess said:

the first build i showed is like 374,5 euro so id say its good but im not sure . . .