Planning my first build!

Budget (including currency): around 1000$USD (With Tax)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: over 60fps gaming (120/144) Minecraft, Fortnite, Warzone, Other smaller games.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have been planning, and I will most likely build this in June/July 2021

Below I have my parts list of what I want to buy, but I have no idea what to do for a GPU... If anyone had a recommendation on a GPU they think will be in my budget at that time please put it below. I know with prices inflated rn it's a bad time to build a PC and that's why I didn't build it this Christmas. I know people can't predict the future but if anyone has any thought on what I should buy when prices go down please tell me. 🙂 I will be taking any other advice on the build if anyone has any!

As you can see I have no GPU in the build! 

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

11 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: over 60fps gaming (120/144) Minecraft, Fortnite, Warzone, Other smaller games.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Below I have my parts list of what I want to buy, but I have no idea what to do for a GPU... If anyone had a recommendation on a GPU they think will be in my budget at that time please put it below. I know with prices inflated rn it's a bad time to build a PC and that's why I didn't build it this Christmas. I know people can't predict the future but if anyone has any thought on what I should buy when prices go down please tell me. 🙂 I will be taking any other advice on the build if anyone has any!

you have a couple options. 
1. Go cheaper on all the components, and then put a 3060ti in there
2. Put a used 1080 in the current build (I wouldn't do that.)
3. Just put a normal 3060 in there

My favorite is #1

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

9 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

The 3060 will have an MSRP of $329. When it releases, and prices have deflated, I would say go for that.

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

I have a used 1080 going lol

10 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

I will most likely build this in June/July 2021

By that time hopefully you can get an RTX 3060 for $330

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

What would you recommend I go cheaper on?

I like the MOBO because it has a great upgrade path. I put the ryzen 5 2600 in (For now) because its the same price as the ryzen 5 2600 (Right now)

I could go with cheaper ram though...

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

What would you recommend I go cheaper on?

I like the MOBO because it has a great upgrade path. I put the ryzen 5 2600 in (For now) because its the same price as the ryzen 5 2600 (Right now)

I could go with cheaper ram though...

You coukd go for a cheaper mobo, ram, and ssd if you have to be under budget. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

8 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Ok I like what you did, but what would the performance hit be if I went with a 3060 (Non-ti) and keep the MOBO I had originally? I really like that one for the EZ flash support and the (From what I've heard) good VRMS. What would the performance hit be between a 3060 and 3060ti? I saw that the 3060 (Non TI) had fewer cores but more VRAM... would this card be competitive with the 3060ti or should I give up the $130 MOBO for the TI model?

(Budget is less of a concern atm as long as im under 1,100US (WIth tax)

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Ok I like what you did, but what would the performance hit be if I went with a 3060 (Non-ti) and keep the MOBO I had originally? I really like that one for the EZ flash support and the (From what I've heard) good VRMS. What would the performance hit be between a 3060 and 3060ti? I saw that the 3060 (Non TI) had fewer cores but more VRAM... would this card be competitive with the 3060ti or should I give up the $130 MOBO for the TI model?

We don't know what the exact performance of the 3060 is, but from the looks of it, it looks like a 2060S/2070.
So basically a 2070 vs 2080S

Edit - The Pro is truly a great motehrboard tho, so if you are willing to give up the HDD then you could get the PRO

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4 minutes ago, Downkey said:

We don't know what the exact performance of the 3060 is, but from the looks of it, it looks like a 2060S/2070.
So basically a 2070 vs 2080S

Should I look at the 20 series cards? Are they an option? I know they are impossible to get atm but would they be competitive AND cheaper? I doubt prices on those will go down for a good year to come though...

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 minute ago, SignatureSigner said:

Should I look at the 20 series cards? Are they an option? I know they are impossible to get atm but would they be competitive AND cheaper? I doubt prices on those will go down for a good year to some though...

i mean you could, but cards like the 2080S still go for over 600

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

i mean you could, but cards like the 2080S still go for over 600

Ya that seams Like the issue rn as no retailer is selling them so if you have one you can (basically) set the price to whatever your want as long as you stay under the prices of the new cards... Oh wait you can't buy those ether (great)

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

3 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Should I look at the 20 series cards? Are they an option? I know they are impossible to get atm but would they be competitive AND cheaper? I doubt prices on those will go down for a good year to come though...

As someone that just upgraded from a 20 series(non Super), avoid it if you can. Not a huge improvement over a 1080 by any means for a lot more money. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?