Big/high or Midi tower, why choose one over the other?

Rorgash

I am looking for a good chassi, but this is not about a specific one, this is more about why pick a midi or a big/high tower, what the positives are and the negatives, except the size  ;)

Hidden information about the cooling effects of a midi compared to a big/high and such :)

Edits:

Full/Big/High Tower

Pros: 

Easy Custom water cooling

Expansion slots. If you use several PCI slots you're going to need a big tower. 

Cons:

Hard to move

Needs for fans to push the air around

Midi Tower:

Pros:

Easy to move

Cons:

Harder to Custom water cool 

Few expansion slots

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I would only take a full tower if you truly do not want to move it and if you plan to do custom water cooling. Otherwise I would think that the Medium towers are fine. (Though medium towers are now getting more love for custom water cooling with the new NZXT case)

ok noted those, ty :) lets see what more things we can add to the list

ok noted those, ty :) lets see what more things we can add to the list

Expansion slots. If you use several PCI slots you're going to need a big tower.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

im sure we can find some more to add to the list cant we? :)

Full towers have more expandability and take more fan power to move the same amount of air in and out of the case.

That's about it. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would only take a full tower if you truly do not want to move it and if you plan to do custom water cooling. Otherwise I would think that the Medium towers are fine. (Though medium towers are now getting more love for custom water cooling with the new NZXT case)

Tbh, moving my 900D is a b****.  It weighs legit like 80+ pounds lol.  All I can do is "wiggle it" around on my desk when I have to tinker with it, if I ever actually have to move it I ask my cousin to help lol. 

OT:  I LOVE the idea of huge cases, but I guess that's because I enjoy getting "over-kill" for what I actually need.  xD

I also love mini-itx, for the sheer size and amount of performance you can cram into those little guys :D

I sort of want to watercool a bitfenix prodigy in the future. Maybe if I ever build a new PC in the future I will :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089