GTX 1080ti FTW3 vs RTX 2070 Ventus

fafasinho
Go to solution Solved by PlutoPlatinum,
1 hour ago, Adam P said:

If he's trading a 2070 for a 1080 ti, then he either doesn't know what he's doing, or he fucked up the 1080 ti.

Just confirm with him.

Also after the shortage I think the prices will probably go down. It only makes sense.

Sure 1080 Ti deffo has more raw power, but that dude might want the 2070 due to the fact it has Rtx Support (Ik 1080 ti does have that in some games, but it doesn't have as good performance due to the fact it doesn't haven RT cores) and it also has DLSS, which the 1080 ti doesn't have, also from what i've seen, at most the 1080 ti gets like 6-8 extra frames, that's quite a lot, but some people would rather have RT and DLSS then a few extra frames

Hi everyone, 

I need some advice because I' m really lost between these 2 cards. A guy I know is going to sell me his 2070 ventus (not the oc or gp version based on what he said) for 200bucks 

But, I'm really interested in swapping it for 1080ti ftw3, I found a guy that was interested in the trade, he repasted his card with liquid metal and he seems to have done it the only safe way for a gpu to my understanding, the thing is he doesn't have the box or the invoice and mine does. If it had been a 2070super I wouldn't even be interested in the trade but it's a low end 2070. For my usage I do a bit of blender and I play games like bfv, red dead ii and I'm playing on a 1080p monitor 

Thanks in advance 

From what I've seen, I believe that the 1080 ti is still better than the 2070. I really don't know why you want this trade, but in case you do, make sure the person isn't scamming you. You should ask for some proof that the card is working, or something like that.

I would worry that something is broken on the 2070, beacuse it makes no sense that he would trade it for a 2070

edit: 1080ti

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Why would he want your card if both cards have similar performance more or less?,smells like his card has problems.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Vishera said:

Why would he want your 1080 Ti if both cards have similar performance more or less?,smells like the RTX 2070 has problems.

Or maybe we misread the thing. Are you going to buy a used 2070, then trade it for a used 1080 ti??

Yes it's a used 2070 for a used 1080ti

It's on a french hardware forum and there is a review system for members when they buy or sell stuff and this guy has 53 positive reviews so i doubt that he wants to scam me but we never know

I was also concerned about the evolution of the used price after the gpu shortage, do you believe that the 2070 will be higher after the shortage or will it be equal ?

9 minutes ago, fafasinho said:

Yes it's a used 2070 for a used 1080ti

It's on a french hardware forum and there is a review system for members when they buy or sell stuff and this guy has 53 positive reviews so i doubt that he wants to scam me but we never know

I was also concerned about the evolution of the used price after the gpu shortage, do you believe that the 2070 will be higher after the shortage or will it be equal ?

If he's trading a 2070 for a 1080 ti, then he either doesn't know what he's doing, or he fucked up the 1080 ti.

Just confirm with him.

Also after the shortage I think the prices will probably go down. It only makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Just confirm with him.

I will confirm it with him

I was talking of the price of the 1080ti vs the price of the 2070 ventus after the shortage

Just now, fafasinho said:

I will confirm it with him

I was talking of the price of the 1080ti vs the price of the 2070 ventus after the shortage

Just search for the MSRP of each card.  The 1080 ti (founders edition) msrp is 699 USD. The 2070 is 499 USD.

1 minute ago, Adam P said:

Just search for the MSRP of each card.  The 1080 ti (founders edition) msrp is 699 USD. The 2070 is 499 USD.

I think OP was talking about the market value,not MSRP.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Well, it should be not too far off from the MSRP anyways.

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Exactly 😉

1 minute ago, fafasinho said:

Exactly 😉

Well on ebay and other places, the 1080ti seems to be around 900-1100

1 minute ago, Adam P said:

Well on ebay and other places, the 1080ti seems to be around 900-1100

Prices on ebay are higher than other platforms.

So it seems that the 1080ti is priced higher on the used market than the 2070 ventus and that it outperforms it

the choice appears to be clear and self-evident

But nvidia drivers seems to not optimize older gen gpus

14 minutes ago, fafasinho said:

But nvidia drivers seems to not optimize older gen gpus

I guess, but I wouldn't know, I have a AMD GPU.

Thanks for your replies

Does someone had the opportunity to test both of these cards with recent drivers ?

1 hour ago, Adam P said:

Just confirm with him.

Sure 1080 Ti deffo has more raw power, but that dude might want the 2070 due to the fact it has Rtx Support (Ik 1080 ti does have that in some games, but it doesn't have as good performance due to the fact it doesn't haven RT cores) and it also has DLSS, which the 1080 ti doesn't have, also from what i've seen, at most the 1080 ti gets like 6-8 extra frames, that's quite a lot, but some people would rather have RT and DLSS then a few extra frames

I wouldn't trade 

... "repasted with liquid metal" and no warranty smells fishy. 

Plus you gain 5 fps and lose RTX (double not worth it) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

That's exactly the type of answers I needed

You've convinced me I'm not trading even though I was very tempted by that ftw3

Thanks for your replies

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

I wouldn't trade 

... "repasted with liquid metal" and no warranty smells fishy. 

Plus you gain 5 fps and lose RTX (double not worth it) 

Yeah,liquid metal is an added risk,a lot things can go wrong when it comes to liquid metal in itself.