My first PC build in years (and second build ever), finally coming back to the PC community!

MorbidAngel

Hey everyone! So I decided to sell my trusty Ps4 and get back into PC gaming. What you see below is the finished product since I unfortunately didn't own a camera until just a few days or so ago. I finished building the PC a few weeks ago but I had totally forgot about the LTT forum.

QUICK DISCLAIMER: I just want to point out that I am aware of the shitty cable management both inside and outside the computer. I set up everything perfectly only for the motherboard to stop working and had to send it back and RMA it. I then set up my entire streaming rig and so after doing cable management three times and then have to tear it down again because of my installing new pc parts or setting up something I've decided to leave it like this until I know I'm not going to fiddle around with it anymore.

And secondly, I just got my camera and I'm not very good with it so I apologize if some of the pictures are a bit blurry.

Okay so let's get in to the specs!

Computer parts:

• ASUS GeForce 2080 Super
  • Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.9 GHz Turbo
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB @ 3200MHz
  • ASUS PRIME Z390-A
  • Corsair CX650F / 650W / iCue-RGB
  • Corsair H100i RGB + 2 Corsair QL-140 Fans
  • Lian Li Lancool II
  • All A-RGB is controlled by using Corsair Commander Pro and RGB Hub

Storage:

• Samsung 860 SSD 250GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals & accessories:

• Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Rapidfire (Cherry MX Speed)
  • Corsair HS70 Pro
  • Samsung Odyssey G5 27" (The other monitor is some random one my GF gave me)
  • Logitech G PRO Wireless
  • Corsair MM500 Mousepad
  • Playstation 5 Controller
  • Canon EOS M50 Camera for streaming
  • TRUST GXT 252+ Emita Plus Microphone for streaming

Since all the GPU's were sold out where I live and you couldn't even pre-order them I had to go for the 2080 Super and not any of the 3 series. And honestly I don't really care that much since this GPU will get the job done. Maybe I'll just upgrade it in the future. The chassi isn't my taste but again they were sold out on pretty much everything which kinda sucked. No retailer I checked with had parts for an entire high-end computer so I just picked the website with the best parts.

I bought an additional 2 TB HDD since I underestimated myself and how much I would actually download. And also my God games are huge these days.

I think that's about it. I welcome any questions you guys might have. Now onto the picturesIMG_0218.thumb.JPG.637fbb981218f8cb156baeeb0ea14995.JPG!

Computer.thumb.jpg.d8f4404a1670327a9600c0c6515e54b3.jpg

IMG_0219.thumb.JPG.15655e2d41103809f9fb52bcdfce39bf.JPG

IMG_0230.thumb.JPG.a7bc240566e5673dc161aa370d85db74.JPG

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

6 minutes ago, MorbidAngel said:

Intel Core i7-9700K

First off, welcome to the PC world again.

2nd off, you're gonna catch Hell for being an Intel user, but the two remaining Intel fans (you and I it seems) gotta stick together.

3rd, I"m gonna give you Hell about the Intel chip, since I belong to the superiour Intel club, the Xeon fans 🤪

But seriously, looks nice.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, MorbidAngel said:

Hey everyone! So I decided to sell my trusty Ps4 and get back into PC gaming. What you see below is the finished product since I unfortunately didn't own a camera until just a few days or so ago. I finished building the PC a few weeks ago but I had totally forgot about the LTT forum.

QUICK DISCLAIMER: I just want to point out that I am aware of the shitty cable management both inside and outside the computer. I set up everything perfectly only for the motherboard to stop working and had to send it back and RMA it. I then set up my entire streaming rig and so after doing cable management three times and then have to tear it down again because of my installing new pc parts or setting up something I've decided to leave it like this until I know I'm not going to fiddle around with it anymore.

And secondly, I just got my camera and I'm not very good with it so I apologize if some of the pictures are a bit blurry.

Computer parts:

• ASUS PRIME Z390-A
  • Lian Li Lancool II

Storage:

• Samsung 860 SSD 250GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB

• Corsair HS70 Pro
  • Corsair MM500 Mousepad

Since all the GPU's were sold out where I live and you couldn't even pre-order them I had to go for the 2080 Super and not any of the 3 series. And honestly I don't really care that much since this GPU will get the job done. Maybe I'll just upgrade it in the future. The chassi isn't my taste but again they were sold out on pretty much everything which kinda sucked. No retailer I checked with had parts for an entire high-end computer so I just picked the website with the best parts.

I bought an additional 2 TB HDD since I underestimated myself and how much I would actually download. And also my God games are huge these days.

I think that's about it. I welcome any questions you guys might have. Now onto the picturesIMG_0218.thumb.JPG.637fbb981218f8cb156baeeb0ea14995.JPG!

Clean up the floor under your desk (D:)
Other than that it looks fine

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

First off, welcome to the PC world again.

2nd off, you're gonna catch Hell for being an Intel user, but the two remaining Intel fans (you and I it seems) gotta stick together.

3rd, I"m gonna give you Hell about the Intel chip, since I belong to the superiour Intel club, the Xeon fans 🤪

But seriously, looks nice.

Wow what did I miss? Last time I built a PC everyone loved Intel haha. Honestly all I know is that AMD released something called Ryzen and that it's supposed to be really good. However I've always used Intel so for me that was the safe route 😄

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Just now, MorbidAngel said:

Wow what did I miss? Last time I built a PC everyone loved Intel haha. Honestly all I know is that AMD released something called Ryzen and that it's supposed to be really good. However I've always used Intel so for me that was the safe route 😄

Yeah LTT here is a rabid Ryzen fanbase and anytime anyone mentions they went Intel, everyone starts kicking up a fuss.

I have a Ryzen system (Ryzen 5 2600) just to see what all the hubbub was about and to be honest, I was less than impressed. It works like any other system, but frankly, why follow the pack? I went Dual-Xeon workstation route, just because.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Clean up the floor under your desk (D:)
Other than that it looks fine

I use the toolbox as support for my feet and it gives me quick access to the PC 😎 The other thing is my dogs toy that she insists on shoving in my face when I'm taking photos off my PC 😂

2 minutes ago, MorbidAngel said:

I use the toolbox as support for my feet and it gives me quick access to the PC 😎 The other thing is my dogs toy that she insists on shoving in my face when I'm taking photos off my PC 😂

Dogs are good like that.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yeah LTT here is a rabid Ryzen fanbase and anytime anyone mentions they went Intel, everyone starts kicking up a fuss.

I have a Ryzen system (Ryzen 5 2600) just to see what all the hubbub was about and to be honest, I was less than impressed. It works like any other system, but frankly, why follow the pack? I went Dual-Xeon workstation route, just because.

Yeah honestly I don't think it matters that much. I like to use either Radeon/AMD or Nvidia/Intel beacuse I don't want to mix and match. So that made it an even easier choice for me since the only high-end GPU they had in stock was this very overpriced 2080 Super 😁

2 minutes ago, MorbidAngel said:

very overpriced 

Yeah it's a bad time to try to buy new PC parts, especially GPUs, something int he supply chain broke and everything has gone whacked out

25 minutes ago, MorbidAngel said:

Computer parts:

• ASUS PRIME Z390-A
  • Lian Li Lancool II

Storage:

• Samsung 860 SSD 250GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB

• Corsair HS70 Pro
  • Corsair MM500 Mousepad

Turn them lights on you gonna burn your eyeballs into oblivion

also intel really wtf

also how much did you pay for the 2080 super

Just now, Adam P said:

Turn them lights on you gonna burn your eyeballs into oblivion

I'm sitting right next to my balcony door and window so it's quite bright in here, I think I just messed up the settings on my new camera when taking the pictures haha

1 minute ago, MorbidAngel said:

I'm sitting right next to my balcony door and window so it's quite bright in here, I think I just messed up the settings on my new camera when taking the pictures haha

how much did you overpay for the 2080 super

21 minutes ago, Adam P said:

how much did you overpay for the 2080 super

I paid 1022 USD for it. However in my country GPU's are generally more expensive than in the US.

1 minute ago, MorbidAngel said:

I paid 1022 USD for it. However in my country GPU's are generally more expensive than in the US.

whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy

2 minutes ago, Adam P said:

whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy

Well the 3090 costs 2300 USD here so yeah haha

Just now, MorbidAngel said:

Well the 3090 costs 2300 USD here so yeah haha

W O T