Planning my first build

MR_BACONLOVER

Budget (including currency): 1400 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: warzone(at least over 80fps high settings) vr chat and light video editing and some light streaming as well. Will be used mostly for gaming.

Other details need help making a part list from 0 i have no experience building as of yet. Would also like to not go over budget for my first build i do also need a monitor mouse and keyboard even though i use a controller for some games well. Could care less about aesthetic. performance comes first and foremost a 140 or more refresh monitor would be nice tho at least 22 inches or more. But is not a must. So medium-low peripherals should work just fine. I'm coming from console gaming with a ps4 and have a shitty laptop that i just use for school but i figured i rather make the jump to pc now instead of buying a ps5(when it becomes available) and getting a new laptop that will become outdated in like 2 years. Would to buy from new. Also of course something that leaves a path for upgradability.

I really don't think you're going to get all that for your budget. Might want to be a little more realistic.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

For this type of budget, you're better off scouring craigslist and facebook marketplace for a prebuilt system. Buy a half decent monitor new, just make sure it's high refresh rate, as well as an OK keyboard and mouse, and then using the remaining money to find a $800 system on craigslist. You should be able to get something with a 9700k and a GTX 1080 or maybe a 1080Ti within that price range. Personally, the budget I'd say full new starts to make sense with is $1200 for just the system, with $1000 being half new half used. $800 and less, just go fully used unless you find a great deal on Amazon, but even then, used usually makes more sense.

6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I really don't think you're going to get all that for your budget. Might want to be a little more realistic.

Meaning what? What would be more closely realistic from my current wants. I'll mostly game. i might edit a video or 2 but not all the time just need something that will enable me to do it if i want to.

25 minutes ago, MR_BACONLOVER said:

Budget (including currency): 1400 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: warzone(at least over 80fps high settings) vr chat and light video editing and some light streaming as well. Will be used mostly for gaming.

Other details need help making a part list from 0 i have no experience building as of yet. Would also like to not go over budget for my first build i do also need a monitor mouse and keyboard even though i use a controller for some games well. Could care less about aesthetic. performance comes first and foremost a 140 or more refresh monitor would be nice tho at least 22 inches or more. But is not a must. So medium-low peripherals should work just fine. I'm coming from console gaming with a ps4 and have a shitty laptop that i just use for school but i figured i rather make the jump to pc now instead of buying a ps5(when it becomes available) and getting a new laptop that will become outdated in like 2 years. Would to buy from new. Also of course something that leaves a path for upgradability.

Monitor (cureved, va panel) : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HPJ1Z35/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
Keeb/Mouse (Might be kinda crappy however): https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Rainbow-Keyboards-Computer/dp/B07W1HXM4J/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=mechanical%2Bkeyboard%2Bmouse%2Bcombo&qid=1611036992&s=electronics&sr=1-3&th=1

Do you need a controller as well?

PC List (Prices are inflated atm, stock of some products is horrible. You might want to wait a few months for these issues to clear up): 

You could also switch out the 3070 for a 3060ti, and lower the price. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

57 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Monitor (cureved, va panel) : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HPJ1Z35/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
Keeb/Mouse (Might be kinda crappy however): https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Rainbow-Keyboards-Computer/dp/B07W1HXM4J/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=mechanical%2Bkeyboard%2Bmouse%2Bcombo&qid=1611036992&s=electronics&sr=1-3&th=1

Do you need a controller as well?

PC List (Prices are inflated atm, stock of some products is horrible. You might want to wait a few months for these issues to clear up): 

You could also switch out the 3070 for a 3060ti, and lower the price. 

Could i find an overclockable cpu or how much is the difference. Willing to ditch the hard drive for a higher ssd and get a better fan/ water cooler to be able to overclock a bit. 

2 minutes ago, MR_BACONLOVER said:

Could i find an overclockable cpu or how much is the difference. Willing to ditch the hard drive for a higher ssd and get a better fan/ water cooler to be able to overclock a bit. 

Also thanks for the help btw might have to wait till summer to buy stuff maybe like a month before i move into college. So like july

10 hours ago, MR_BACONLOVER said:

Overclocking should not be your focus. It would add at the very minimum $200 to your budget ($100 for the cpu, $50 for a cooler, $50+ more for a z490 motherboard) , and if you don't increase your budget, you'd be sacrificing your GPU and you'd actually be loosing a lot of performance while gaming. As for the SSD, You can either get a 1tb ssd or a 500 gb ssd and a 2tb hdd. If you go the first route you might run out of storage space but It's possible to buy more down the line, otherwise you'd just be using a standard config and you'd just be waiting a little longer for your games to load. Either way. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

If you can wait for a couple of months, GPU prices should go back down so you can get a 3070. About the Motherboard, you can either go with this, or a slightly better quality MATX one, which will look a bit wierd in an ATX case like the ASRock B550M Pro4

Alternatively, you could go over your budget a bit and get an MSI b550 A pro

For the peripherals, the keyboard and mouse listed are both great budget ones.