Not able to control AIO fan speed

JetskiRick

The AIO I have installed is an Arctic Liquid Freezer II (120 mm). The cable that powers the included fan is cable managed through the tube sleeving into the cold plate/pump part. There is a single cable that comes out of the pump part that goes to the AIO header on my motherboard. When the system is on the fan runs at full speed because the AIO header just runs whatever its connected to at 100% (which would only be the pump). The fan on the radiator has a very short cable that connects to the cable managed through the sleeving. Would all I need to do is get an extension cable and run it to the CPU fan header on my motherboard to let it control the fan speed? Just want to know if it would work before I order the cable.

Thanks!

The Arctic Freezer has a variable speed pump. It does not have to be run at 100%. Connect the pump to the CPU header and set it to Standard or Performance mode in the bios. That should run both the pump and the fan on a curve that is quiet at idle, but picks up speed under load. 

I did this before, but it gave me a CPU fan error and didn't boot. I changed the bios to not read CPU fan speed so I could get it to boot (this was a new build with ryzen 5000 series). However, I just tried this again and then it showed a CPU fan speed in the bios (then I changed the bios back to monitor CPU fan speed). Now the pump and fan speed are controlled. Thanks for helping out!