Whats weapon do you prefer (AMD/Nvidia)

MzCatieB

Both, whatever gives me the best for my money.

Previously Nvidia and now AMD, and i must say i'm rather impressed by AMD's performance

It depends, for a build that has a smaller budget, I'd want to get myself something like 7800s or 7700s, but right now, because of the whole frame time issue with and cards, I don't think I can recommend a crossfire setup, at least until frame time optimizations are more thoroughly researched. So for now, a single amd card or sli Nvidia cards

nvidia for cuda and because of the problems amd is having atm with crossfire..  but once that's over, I shall reconsider my stance.

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

AMD is a little bit stronger (about 2-4%) for each seat of Cards.
But i prefer NVIDIA because of its smooth and clearnes.
It has a lot technologies too.
NVIDIA 3d is amazing.

AMD this gen for sure. 7970 has 680 covered on performance and comes in at 670 price in Australia.

I however have found myself quite fond of the short pcb on the 670 for watercooling rigs. I love the bitspower D5 upgrade kit/res and using shorter graphics cards means I can cram one in there between the front rad and the graphics cards on small cases :D

Well either way I'm ok. I usually go for the one that gives me more performance for a lower price. Now I'm running a 7870 because of price/performance and of course the never settle bundle is just the best thing ever. Little drivers problems but its getting better and of course the F@H core 17 is a big plus for the red team!!!

for the time beeing (I purchased the 7870 two Months ago)  the green team has nothing to offer me really. 660 was the same price but slower and no games at the time. and the 660Ti is way out of my budget....

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

I've worked with both and quite like both of them (mostly mid range AMD cards like 7850's and 7870's). In my personal rig now, I'm using Nvidia but I was seriously considering AMD for quite some time before I decided CUDA and PhysX was too important to give up. If I didn't need CUDA, I probably would have bought 7970's.

| Corsair Carbide Series 350D |Corsair H100i | Intel i7 5820k @ 4.5GHz, 1.175v | EVGA x99 Micro 2 | G.Skill Trident Z 32gb, 3200MHz

| Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980Ti @1506MHz | EVGA P2 850 Watt | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500gb | Western Digital Red Pro 6TB |

Just stop it ! right now ! this old joke is becoming ridiculous !

LOL He probably has not heard of the Never Settle drivers which made the 7970 destroy the 680. (And this is coming from someone who is a Nvidia fanboy)

Although, he could also mean that Nvidia has better multigpu driver support in terms of reducing microstutter seeing as AMD's prototype driver is nowhere near ready for a public release.

Although, he could also mean that Nvidia has better multigpu driver support in terms of reducing microstutter seeing as AMD's prototype driver is nowhere near ready for a public release.

I'm pretty sure this is not what he meant, otherwise he would've said "I use SLI & it has less microstutter than crossfire" for example.

This has just recently been brought to light, the driver joke however has been going on for quite sometime & it's becoming quite tiresome.

I'm pretty sure this is not what he meant, otherwise he would've said "I use SLI & it has less microstutter than crossfire" for example.

This has just recently been brought to light, the driver joke however has been going on for quite sometime & it's becoming quite tiresome.

Yeah, I'm really jealous about the Never Settle drivers and game bundles. I heard Nvidia is doing something like this with Metro:Last Light but only through partner stores which there are none in the region I live in.

Amd all day they are always the fastest at the same price point ALWAYS and seems to have the best cooling solutions from Sapphire and such !!!

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

I'm using nvidia in my current build, but I'll switch over to AMD if they keep up their price to performance ratios....which are a great bang for the buck.

AMD for myself, I have been using ATI/AMD cards for 10 years, love em, but I'm a tinkerer, so if there were any driver issues in the past, I actually LIKED fixing them.

Although I cannot recall the last driver problem I had, It certainly has been a while..

Before buying this 7950, I had the AMD 5850 with a Nvidia GTX260 (bro's old build) for Physx, there were only a couple of games I had that used it but Batman was the one that made me actually do the ATI/Nvidia Physx mindmeld, but I liked the fact no-Nvidia can still mean Hardware Physx = on. (with tinkering)

If your dedicated, you can find a means to an end.

Its about what your used to for the small part, and the decider is price to performance, but camp switching isnt a big deal for me.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

AMD, as soon as the prototype driver is released I'm throwing another gigabyte 7870 in my rig.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

PhysX and CUDA are the only reasons I stick with Nvidia. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

I've pretty much stuck with NVIDIA, no offence to AMD. I personally like having PhysX in case a good game comes along to take advantage of it like Borderlands 2 or Batman: Arkham City. CUDA is a bonus whenever I need some rendering horsepower.

I have both NVidia and AMD cards, and my personal preference has always been AMD. PhysX isn't as important as some would have others believe, besides, PhysX can be offloaded to the CPU as in the case of BL2. Sure, the enhanced effects is nice, but not necessary if you have hardware not capable of it. Also, NVidia has this thing about proprietary hardware/software (much like Apple). Before Batman AA came out, AA was a given on both cards, no game dev restricted AA to just one card, but Lo and behold, AA ran with ONLY NVidia cards......AMD cards were locked out of it. Many NV fanboys said NV had a right to do that because they'd worked with the game dev to get AA working on the U3 engine. Now, AMD worked closely with Crystal Dynamics on TR with TressFX, did they lock NV cards from using this tech? No, TressFX was available to both brands as long as the cards were capable of DirectCompute.....would NV have done the same if the roles were reversed? Hence, my dislike for the way NV does things, it hasn;'t stopped me from buying their cards, but I certainly am not that fond of them. 

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I have both NVidia and AMD cards, and my personal preference has always been AMD. PhysX isn't as important as some would have others believe, besides, PhysX can be offloaded to the CPU as in the case of BL2. Sure, the enhanced effects is nice, but not necessary if you have hardware not capable of it. Also, NVidia has this thing about proprietary hardware/software (much like Apple). Before Batman AA came out, AA was a given on both cards, no game dev restricted AA to just one card, but Lo and behold, AA ran with ONLY NVidia cards......AMD cards were locked out of it. Many NV fanboys said NV had a right to do that because they'd worked with the game dev to get AA working on the U3 engine. Now, AMD worked closely with Crystal Dynamics on TR with TressFX, did they lock NV cards from using this tech? No, TressFX was available to both brands as long as the cards were capable of DirectCompute.....would NV have done the same if the roles were reversed? Hence, my dislike for the way NV does things, it hasn;'t stopped me from buying their cards, but I certainly am not that fond of them. 

I did not say I hate AMD. I only said my preference is NVIDIA cards. You are entitled to your own opinion but you can't force others to choose for them.

I tried both teams. from 9800gt to hd5830 will plan to switch back to green team soon.

I just get the most affordable card at the time. (best bang for the buck) I try to do a 3-4 year cycle for upgrading.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

I did not say I hate AMD. I only said my preference is NVIDIA cards. You are entitled to your own opinion but you can't force others to choose for them.

Did I say you did? A tad touchy, aren't we? BTW, how is my post, in any shape or form, going to "force others to choose for them"? Was I merely not simply stating my opinion as well?

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

A single AMD card. If multi-GPU then nVidia (Only for now, as AMD are working on fixing frame latency)

I don't need CUDA yet but when I do I'm sure AMD will have me covered ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Did I say you did? A tad touchy, aren't we? BTW, how is my post, in any shape or form, going to "force others to choose for them"? Was I merely not simply stating my opinion as well?

Then why quote my post then? I only said I preferred NVIDIA because of certain features and quoting that post basically means you're throwing your opinion at me. You could've just posted your opinion without quoting since it'll to so people misunderstanding.