NEED HELP PLEASE!

RMSslayer102

So ive started my build and plugged everything i have so far into the motherboard, and did no cable management yet, just wanted to see if it would run and nothing is happening! the motherboard lights up showing its receiving power but when i hit the power button on the side panel nothing happens! ive tried changing the I/O pins multiple times thinking it was that but i honestly have no clue and im freaking out over if its a part thats causing this, i already returned my old case thinking it was the case power button pin but this one is doing the same thing as the last one. Please help! here are my specs:

ASUS 871 plus mobo

8gb DDR3 Ram ADATA

Intel i5-4670 (not k) 

Corsair CX 600 PSU

2TB seagate hdd

DVD/CD-rw combo

and the case is a bitfenix prodigy (not M) 

post-63257-0-85661200-1395287247_thumb.j

post-63257-0-72545600-1395351119_thumb.j

post-63257-0-18632500-1395352769_thumb.j

post-63257-0-37162900-1395352775_thumb.j

post-63257-0-50760300-1395352785_thumb.j

post-63257-0-99833400-1395352792_thumb.j

post-63257-0-30443900-1395352799_thumb.j

post-63257-0-02048600-1395352806_thumb.j

post-63257-0-75118800-1395352813_thumb.j

post-63257-0-23770100-1395352821_thumb.j

BTW this is my first time ever building a PC so try not to be harsh

Did you flip the psu switch?

CPU: i5 3570k CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ Mobo: Asrock Pro 4 Z77 GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 PSU: Seasonic G 650w HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSD: Kingston v300 Sound Card: Asus xonar dg MonitorAcer K272HUL, HP 22bw 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G400 Mousepad: Steelseries Qck+ Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans: 4x Noctua NF-P12 (saving up for more)

BTW this is my first time ever building a PC so try not to be harsh

Did you connect the 4-pin CPU power connector on the motherboard? I can't really see the whole build.

Could you provide some more pictures?

first thing that comes to mind is that the actual switch isn't actually/fully connected.

Did your dry run work out fine? (outside of case) 

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I did the same thing, or at least something similar. I hadn't switched on the PSU and panicked for about five minutes until I thought about it. 

The most important thing to do in this situation is to remain calm and not to panic. Everything will be alright as long as you don't go fiddling around and plugging/unplugging everything you see. Take your time and make sure that you are being careful not to bend any pins in the process (Not to be confused with processor, otherwise referred to as a CPU).

Deep breaths friend. Deeeeep breaths.

//ccap

so i tried plugging in the CPU power before and nothing changed and just tried again and nothing changed. the PSU switch is forsure flipped to on because the light is on on the motherboard. Me, being a noob didnt think of doing a dry run, noted for next build, however the only other issue realizing with CPU power is that the one that comes with the PSU is two 4-pin connectors that can be put together or split apart, the mobo has a single 4-pin female port for the power so i tried splitting the cable and plugging only one side in, still no power. Something is telling em it may be the actual CPU

I wish i could show more pictures but my phones camera is ass.

I wish i could show more pictures but my phones camera is ass.

Just get in a well lit area like in sunlight and don't use a harsh light like the flash feature.  Lighting can make or break a picture. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i will try to post more after i get out of school tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for all the help so far tho, any bit of advice helps. Im truly freaking out that it may be the CPU because i don't wanna buy another 200+ dollar item because one might have broke...

i will try to post more after i get out of school tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for all the help so far tho, any bit of advice helps. Im truly freaking out that it may be the CPU because i don't wanna buy another 200+ dollar item because one might have broke...

your button might be broken. short out the power io pins on the mobo. the same thing happend with my phantom 630 build.

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Relax. This is what RMA's are for. Everyone goes through panics when things don't go correctly the first few times. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Okay I have a bunch of pictures for you guys and i tried shorting it with a screw driver, no response. I also noticed that with my MOBO the 20-pin power doesnt fit fuly and theres only 1 4-pin CPU power slot. Not sure if that means anything.

And of course every picture i took says the file is to big to upload...greeaattt

Updated the Pictures on top of the page, Added new ones, please look and offer thoughts. As previously said, dry run produced no results when touched the prongs with a screwdriver.

did you try reseating the RAM?

also if you have the case speaker installed, are you hearing a POST beep? if it's more than 1 beep, try to describe it (2 short then 1 long, etc.)

I dont have a speaker, the problem is the CPU fan doesnt spin in the first place. Do i need to have it connected to a monitor in order for it to run?

did you try reseating the RAM?

also if you have the case speaker installed, are you hearing a POST beep? if it's more than 1 beep, try to describe it (2 short then 1 long, etc.)

I do not have a speaker, the problem is that i cant even get the CPU fan to spin. Do i need to have it connected to a monitor?

Okay I have a bunch of pictures for you guys and i tried shorting it with a screw driver, no response. I also noticed that with my MOBO the 20-pin power doesnt fit fuly and theres only 1 4-pin CPU power slot. Not sure if that means anything.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.
That's normal the extra 4 pin is for motherboards that 'need' (they almost never actually need the extra 4 pin) extra power for oc'ing.

And of course every picture i took says the file is to big to upload...greeaattt

Use gyazo. https://gyazo.com/

I dont have a speaker, the problem is the CPU fan doesnt spin in the first place. Do i need to have it connected to a monitor in order for it to run?

No, you don't.

Didn't the motherboard come with a small speaker? What you hear from it could help diagnose the issue. 

Just get in a well lit area like in sunlight and don't use a harsh light like the flash feature.  Lighting can make or break a picture. 

Wise words to anyone who struggles to take pictures. Very wise. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.
That's normal the extra 4 pin is for motherboards that 'need' (they almost never actually need the extra 4 pin) extra power for oc'ing.

Use gyazo. https://gyazo.com/

No, you don't.

Didn't the motherboard come with a small speaker? What you hear from it could help diagnose the issue. 

It didnt come with a speaker. I wish it wouldve. Like i said before, it doesnt even spin up. nothing happens but the light going on. And from the looks of it, the 20-pin isnt fully in, its really hard to push all the way in. 

It didnt come with a speaker. I wish it wouldve. Like i said before, it doesnt even spin up. nothing happens but the light going on. And from the looks of it, the 20-pin isnt fully in, its really hard to push all the way in. 

Check if any of the 20 pins are bent?

If this helps...

Hmm, that looks fine. 

You might have to try out your parts with a system that works to find out which one is faulty.