NEED HELP PLEASE!

RMSslayer102

Hmm, that looks fine. 

You might have to try out your parts with a system that works to find out which one is faulty.

Do you think it'd be a problem with the CPU? because i think ive ruled out the chances that its the case, i had to mail my last one in because i thought that it was faulty. get the new one and its no different, so i guess that wasnt the issue.

Do you think it'd be a problem with the CPU? because i think ive ruled out the chances that its the case, i had to mail my last one in because i thought that it was faulty. get the new one and its no different, so i guess that wasnt the issue.

You can find that out by trying to start the system up without the switch: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-up-an-ATX-Power-Supply-without-a-PC/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can find that out by trying to start the system up without the switch: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-up-an-ATX-Power-Supply-without-a-PC/

THis helped alot, so i was able to get the PSU going, fan was sinng, fairly soft but when i pulled out the cable i could see that the fan was forsure spinning.I think PSU can be ruled out. So now its CPU, Case, or MOBO 

I dont have a speaker

your motherboard or your case should have come with a very small (~1cm) speaker that looks like this:

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/12-201-032-TS?$S300W$

it's function is not to play sound but to beep when you turn your computer on. this is a POST beep (Power On Self Test) and it can help diagnose any problems going on. is is making any beeps at all or do you have one of these? if you find it lying around it plugs into your particular motherboard right between the RAM slots and the power/ reset switches/ LED's.

What exactly is lighting up on the motherboard? typically the easiest indication that it has power is the CPU fan spinning up.

I noticed in one of your pictures that the Power Supply was switched in the off position. pretty sure you already checked that but just in case.

No, it will run without a monitor plugged in, you just wont be able to see anything. thats happening.

your motherboard or your case should have come with a very small (~1cm) speaker that looks like this:

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/12-201-032-TS?$S300W$

it's function is not to play sound but to beep when you turn your computer on. this is a POST beep (Power On Self Test) and it can help diagnose any problems going on. is is making any beeps at all or do you have one of these? if you find it lying around it plugs into your particular motherboard right between the RAM slots and the power/ reset switches/ LED's.

Mine didnt come with a speaker, i checked the manual which had box contents in it, it didnt list one in the box. There is a little bulb on the motherboard that lights up to show that the standby power was on.

so what exactly happens when you try to turn it on? you get an LED glowing on the motherboard, and the PSU is spinning, but no CPU fan?

if you have an old computer lying around anywhere open it up and use the speaker from that one to see if it is throwing any post codes at you.

also did you try reseating your RAM (taking it out and putting it back in again)?

so what exactly happens when you try to turn it on? you get an LED glowing on the motherboard, and the PSU is spinning, but no CPU fan?

if you have an old computer lying around anywhere open it up and use the speaker from that one to see if it is throwing any post codes at you.

also did you try reseating your RAM (taking it out and putting it back in again)?

When i Plug in the PSU and switch it on the standby light turns on, bright green as it should. nothing spins, the CPU fan doesnt, the PSU fan doesnt, nothing does. 

This is what it looks like

post-63257-0-34265400-1395365320_thumb.j

recalling the days of old, sometimes the labels for the Front Panel Headers seem upside down, etc etc.

unplug all the headers (reset sw, HDD LED, ACT LED, SPK, etc etc)

with the PWR Cable in your hand, connect it to what you think is the PWR Header. if it doesnt work, try flipping it the other way (change + and - over)

if that doesnt work, try another header that could also be interpreted as PWR

consult your manual too!

When i Plug in the PSU and switch it on the standby light turns on, bright green as it should. nothing spins, the CPU fan doesnt, the PSU fan doesnt, nothing does. 

while everything is plugged in try removing the power switch cable and using a screwdriver to bridge the 2 power switch pins on the motherboard. 

after that I'm at a loss other than saying that something is defective. it could be the CPU cooler but since PSU fan also not spinning up normally it may be something wrong with the PSU

while everything is plugged in try removing the power switch cable and using a screwdriver to bridge the 2 power switch pins on the motherboard. 

after that I'm at a loss other than saying that something is defective. it could be the CPU cooler but since PSU fan also not spinning up normally it may be something wrong with the PSU

I've tried that, using the screwdriver, it didnt change anything. Ive just tried this method that Wooden Maker liked, taking a cable and plugging it into two pin ports on the 24 pin psu connector and the fan spun after that so i dont think that it's the PSU i think it may  be the motherboard PSU pins or the I/O pins on the motherboard.

recalling the days of old, sometimes the labels for the Front Panel Headers seem upside down, etc etc.

unplug all the headers (reset sw, HDD LED, ACT LED, SPK, etc etc)

with the PWR Cable in your hand, connect it to what you think is the PWR Header. if it doesnt work, try flipping it the other way (change + and - over)

if that doesnt work, try another header that could also be interpreted as PWR

consult your manual too!

Ive tried swapping them numerous times, the only two that can be swapped are reset and power and ive flipped them every which way that the manual showed me, no luck

thanks for the response

my next steps would be to unplug everything but the PSU, MOBO and CPU (yes, thats right. no VGA or RAM)

it will be able to power on with the CPU FAN spinning if its all good.

if this fails to get the fan spinning, i would examine the CPU PINs on the motherboard to make sure non of them are bent.

the pins are so small that it may be hard to see if any are bent. may have to shine a torch in numerous directions to see one bent pin

this is from experience

if the above doesnt work.

i would try the same thing but with the motherboard out of the case, just in case theres and issue with any stand-offs that may be shorting the motherboard, or anything shorting the motherboard

if that fails, i would RMA the motherboard.

thanks for the response

my next steps would be to unplug everything but the PSU, MOBO and CPU (yes, thats right. no VGA or RAM)

it will be able to power on with the CPU FAN spinning if its all good.

if this fails to get the fan spinning, i would examine the CPU PINs on the motherboard to make sure non of them are bent.

the pins are so small that it may be hard to see if any are bent. may have to shine a torch in numerous directions to see one bent pin

this is from experience

if the above doesnt work.

i would try the same thing but with the motherboard out of the case, just in case theres and issue with any stand-offs that may be shorting the motherboard, or anything shorting the motherboard

if that fails, i would RMA the motherboard.

Will do, thank you so much man, lots of help. Ill check that in a few minutes. Are you saying to dry run it with just the CPU fan plugged in to the motherboard with PSU pluged in to the motherboard as well? im a little confused

Remove system from the case entirely, place motherboard on a table (non-metal obviously). Remove RAM and everything else but the CPU and cooler. Plug in power to motherboard and CPU and use screwdriver to start. If nothing happens RMA the motherboard.

Remove system from the case entirely, place motherboard on a table (non-metal obviously). Remove RAM and everything else but the CPU and cooler. Plug in power to motherboard and CPU and use screwdriver to start. If nothing happens RMA the motherboard.

Okay, then yea i already did that and got no motion in any of the fans. will probably have to RMA

yeps.. exactly it

Sounds like it to me if nothing happened.

Ugh...sucha  struggle. Im gona be pissed if this isnt the cause (not at you guys just at the problem in general haha)

will keep the suggestions coming as they come to mind.

if you do happen to RMA it, a antistatic strap is a good $5 investment

aviod using the antistatic bag that comes with the motherboard to rest the motherboard on as the outside of the bag can hold charge.

if you do, use it inside out. i often use such bags as gloves, once turned inside out.

Could you provide some more pictures?

first thing that comes to mind is that the actual switch isn't actually/fully connected.

Did your dry run work out fine? (outside of case)

he probably didn't do a dry run he should though