Ryzen 5 5600X Motherboard

Hi all,

Just looking for recommendations for a 3rd gen Ryzen compatible motherboard (for a 5600X). Not looking for the best one nor the worst one. Something in the middle with decent performance. It would be paired wiith an RTX 2070 Super. Right now i'm considering the GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO. All input are welcome.

Thank you.

That's a good option. It has good VRMs, decent I/O, and USB BIOS flashback in case the unit you get isn't already updated. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

15 minutes ago, NaniSalmon said:

Hi all,

Just looking for recommendations for a 3rd gen Ryzen compatible motherboard (for a 5600X). Not looking for the best one nor the worst one. Something in the middle with decent performance. It would be paired wiith an RTX 2070 Super. Right now i'm considering the GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO. All input are welcome.

Thank you.

the aorus pro is actually a TIER S motherboard. it is very very good. they released a Aorus pro V2 (it aint a big difference but just alil newer)

Oh well. It seems I have hit the jackpot without knowing! Thanks to both of you for the input. They all seem to start at its price or close to so i thought it was a kinda low-mid tier motherboard.