Pc stuck on pre-bios screen

MadBradz

Hi,

I just finished upgrading some components in my gf's computer. She got my mobo and cpu; and I got her some new ddr4 ram.

When I try to start her computer it goes to the motherboard screen where it says to press del or F2 to enter the bios. It will stay at this screen and I cannot enter the bios by pressing del or F2.

I have tried disconnecting all drives and devices, removing and placing the CMOS battery, different DIN slots and even my own RAM in multiple slots.

I hope there is someone out there who can help me.

MoBo: ASUS PRIME X470-PRO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
RAM: HyperX 16GB DDR4 2400 CL 15 288

Just now, MadBradz said:

Hi,

I just finished upgrading some components in my gf's computer. She got my mobo and cpu; and I got her some new ddr4 ram.

When I try to start her computer it goes to the motherboard screen where it says to press del or F2 to enter the bios. It will stay at this screen and I cannot enter the bios by pressing del or F2.

I have tried disconnecting all drives and devices, removing and placing the CMOS battery, different DIN slots and even my own RAM in multiple slots.

I hope there is someone out there who can help me.

MoBo: ASUS PRIME X470-PRO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
RAM: HyperX 16GB DDR4 2400 CL 15 288

Sounds like a short somewhere. Take the system out and place on a phonebook and try to power it up/enter BIOS

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just tried my psu on her system. No results.

Will try it outside of the case next

22 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like a short somewhere. Take the system out and place on a phonebook and try to power it up/enter BIOS

Oke this worked!

What could have caused a short on the motherboard in the case though?

Okay so I am an idiot.

I connected both usb connectors that are actually one... that probably caused a shortage.

All is fixed, thanks for your help!

20210116_203215.jpg