PSU won't turn on when connected to 8-pin PCI of the GPU

I was gaming NFS Playback with everything on ultra without Vsync at 84°C (temperature that GPU always stayed during gaming) and then everything turned off, after some tests I realized that the PSU won't turn on when connected to the 8-pin PCI input of the GPU, and when the PSU is on and I connect, it instantly turns off...
Does someone have a hint if this is just some fuse from the GPU blown or might be something worst?
Also, some days ago I opened it because I saw a tape with some numbers in the PCB (probably from an RMA of the first buyer) and after I closed it, I forgot to check if the fans turned correctly, now I saw that the middle one couldn't turn because its cable was blocking it... Well, at least this explained why I always got to those temps quickly...
Just one last detail, when it worked if connected to PCI lane but not to those PCI power pins, two leds near it would blink, this doesn't happen now.
Specs:
GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC (Gigabyte)
i5 6600k
XFX XT500 500w (yes, the worst from that PSU tier list)

Edit: I'm currently using my old GTX970 now with those same 8 pin PCI connectors and everything is working just fine.

Some pins of the PSU seems a little burn.

IMG_20210115_114246__01.thumb.jpg.97c780d5c439c6d50eedc8bd1513d22c.jpg

And the GPU opened, you can also see that tape with numbers on the top

IMG_20210110_200001.thumb.jpg.811ae1f46e62e2a7f0725297945632bd.jpg

Workstation:  7900x @ 5.73Ghz || Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX || Shapphire 7900XTX Pulse || 2x 32GB Geil RGB DDR5-6400 @ 6400 CL32 || XPG Power Reactor 850w @240V || Thermalright PS120SE

Server (Unraid): HP EliteDesk 800 G1 || i7 4770 @ Stock || 4x8GB DDR3 Crucial 1600Mhz

Server (Debian Lite x64): Raspberry 4b 8GB w/ Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB XC V30 A2 SD Card

I'm surprised you got by this long running a 1080 ti on a shit 500W PSU, to be honest. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

25 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Uh...

You should get a better PSU, especially for a 1080 Ti.

23 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I'm surprised you got by this long running a 1080 ti on a shit 500W PSU, to be honest. 

Forgot to add, the PSU is working just fine, just the GPU seems burnt

Workstation:  7900x @ 5.73Ghz || Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX || Shapphire 7900XTX Pulse || 2x 32GB Geil RGB DDR5-6400 @ 6400 CL32 || XPG Power Reactor 850w @240V || Thermalright PS120SE

Server (Unraid): HP EliteDesk 800 G1 || i7 4770 @ Stock || 4x8GB DDR3 Crucial 1600Mhz

Server (Debian Lite x64): Raspberry 4b 8GB w/ Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB XC V30 A2 SD Card

Just now, Chriexpe said:

The PSU can't provide enough power/correct to the GPU.

Get a better PSU ASAP - bad PSUs can die and take systems with them.

elephants

Just now, Chriexpe said:

A PSU that destroys components several times more valuable than itself is not "working fine."

This is why people say not to cheap out on PSU. PSU's are boring and not sexy, even with some of them having Arr Gee Bee now, but they can take down your fun sexy components you actually care about and want to spend money on. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16