Fan concept Help

Subz

Hi all

Hope you're well.

I recently built my first PC and everything is good. Over the last few days I was just looking at ways to improve it.

I have a P500a case with the stock front 3X 140m fans installed and I added another 140m exhaust fan at the rear. I have a R5 2600X with the stock wraith cooler. My temps are good CPU at idle between 35-42deg and at load around 72deg. Similar stats for the GPU.

I would always like to keep my CPU(even if I upgrade) air cooled as I dont have the expertise to deal with the possible issues that come with AIO's and any form of liquid cooling. My question is will I cause any issues in airflow by adding a top fan to my case? Will I disrupt the front to rear airflow and will I "steal" airflow from my CPU by adding another top fan. I have read allot of conflicting statements such as adding as much fans as possible is best to adding more fans can disrupt airflow. I know my temps are ok but I dont mind adding another fan if it will not negatively impact the airflow with just the front fans and a rear fan.

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Subz said:

Hi all

Hope you're well.

I recently built my first PC and everything is good. Over the last few days I was just looking at ways to improve it.

I have a P500a case with the stock front 3X 140m fans installed and I added another 140m exhaust fan at the rear. I have a R5 2600X with the stock wraith cooler. My temps are good CPU at idle between 35-42deg and at load around 72deg. Similar stats for the GPU.

I would always like to keep my CPU(even if I upgrade) air cooled as I dont have the expertise to deal with the possible issues that come with AIO's and any form of liquid cooling. My question is will I cause any issues in airflow by adding a top fan to my case? Will I disrupt the front to rear airflow and will I "steal" airflow from my CPU by adding another top fan. I have read allot of conflicting statements such as adding as much fans as possible is best to adding more fans can disrupt airflow. I know my temps are ok but I dont mind adding another fan if it will not negatively impact the airflow with just the front fans and a rear fan.

Thanks!

If you add a top fan, or two, as exhaust, it shouldn't bother anything, as your main airflow is from the front, and any way to exhaust said air, allowing fresh to enter, is a good thing. As to if you will see reduced temps, it's hard to say, the intake airflow is already good on your case.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Alright I am going to be a bit general even though this should be taken on a case by case basis as every chasis has different airflow, and the components and how they are arranged also greatly affect the airflow. but if I had to make a recommendation I would put the fan behind your air cooler to exhaust more of the already hot air even if this might lead to more turbulance.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Alright I am going to be a bit general even though this should be taken on a case by case basis as every chasis has different airflow, and the components and how they are arranged also greatly affect the airflow. but if I had to make a recommendation I would put the fan behind your air cooler to exhaust more of the already hot air even if this might lead to more turbulance.

Literally case by case . LOL

I agree