RTX 3080 vs RX 6800xt vs RX 6900xt?

Longshot
Go to solution Solved by GamerDude,
1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

6800 vs 6800xt is not much of a difference?

if not and don't want the RTX features which we don't know when AMD will have, then you have 6800 or 3080.

6800 is better if not the 6800xt is not overpriced.

You will likely use more VRAM in the future, but by how much or if you need to upgrade an GPU by then anyways when that happens?

Also depends on the resolution you are going to play at.

Depends on res you game at, I had a Nitro+ RX 6800 for a month or so, it ran all the games I'd thrown at it with ease at 3840x1080, only game I had issue with was Metro Exodus with RT enabled, it'd CTD. I've since replaced it with a Nitro+ RX 6900XT (only because the RX 6800 XT is near impossible to find).

With performance comparison among the RX 6800, RX 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT - RX 6800 XT's nearer the RX 6900 XT level I believe - it represents the 'sweet spot' for AMD high end GPU's. price difference between an RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 is relatively small, the RX 6900 XT entails a sizable leap in price for not that much performance gain over the RX 6800 XT. Hence, the preference for the RX 6800 XT. But, if you can find an RX 6800 for a fair bit less than the RX 6800 XT, then by all means, snag it.

The RX 6800 is still faster than the RTX 3070 in rasterized games (which is about 99% of games out now) and while I do believe RT is the future, and a nice feature to have, present gen GPU's (yes, even the awesome RTX 3090) can't handle RT games with RT enabled without DLSS. I'm waiting for the next 2-3 iterations of AMD/nVidia GPU's, hopefully, they'd become powerful enough to handle RT games with RT enabled (natively) without needing DLSS.

will this crash my pc?

is this dangerous?

can this hurt my hardware?

AMD recommends a 850 watt psu and showcased all their games in Rage Mode + SAM, so i dont know if i can do the same with the 850 watt recomended PSU

1 minute ago, Longshot said:

will this crash my pc?

is this dangerous?

can this hurt my hardware?

What PSU?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

On 1/17/2021 at 3:46 PM, Downkey said:

What PSU?

Gigabyte 850 Aourus 80 Plus Gold

34 minutes ago, Longshot said:

Gigabyte 850 Aourus 80 Plus Gold

I don't even see that PSU on the PSU tier list. Personally would never buy a PSU from ASUS(ROG)/Gigabyte/MSI as I think its quality is unknown (again IMO). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

It's a longshot...! ~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 1/17/2021 at 4:23 PM, SpiderMan said:

I don't even see that PSU on the PSU tier list. Personally would never buy a PSU from ASUS(ROG)/Gigabyte/MSI as I think its quality is unknown (again IMO). 

my bad its the P850 Watt psu

its in the b tier list on the PSU Tier List

1 minute ago, DriftMan said:

Do you have the 6900XT already or is this another "hypothetical" post

its arriving tommorow

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not repost your topics, multi-posting is not allowed.

You will receive replies over time, this is a forum it takes time as a forum works in this manner. It is not a real time social media site.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER