Why is CPU overclocked on Startup

I just finished my first PC build. Ryzen 3700x and Asus B550-F wifi Motherboard. Everything seems to be running smoothly, no major issues. The only thing I cannot figure out is when I start it up, the CPU shows max clocks at 4400Mhz. It does not reach max clocks normally. But I am not sure why it starts there. I've messed with a few things in the Bios but it does not seem to change it. I can put it back to 3600Mhz with Ryzen master, but I would like to just not have to worry about it becoming unstable or anything of the sort. I also do not have AI Suite installed. Any ideas?

4.4Ghz is the Max Boost Clock of the 3700X. A speed it can only reach when one or two cores are being (heavily) used. It's not a speed you will normally see.

It's possible during the boot, only some programs are ran, thus a single core is only being used, meaning it can reach those speeds.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Have you noticed any instabilities, like games not launching, programs crashing, Windows sometimes failing to boot, etc.?

elephants

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

4.4Ghz is the Max Boost Clock of the 3700X. A speed it can only reach when one or two cores are being (heavily) used. It's not a speed you will normally see.

It's possible during the boot, only some programs are ran, thus a single core is only being used, meaning it can reach those speeds.

But is it normal for it to show it as max on like Ryzen Master or NZXT CAM? I'm not trying to overclock my CPU is the thing. Would it not boot showing 3600 normally?

7 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Have you noticed any instabilities, like games not launching, programs crashing, Windows sometimes failing to boot, etc.?

It runs fine. I use Ryzen master to limit it to max of 3600. But it boots up fine and seems to run fine even if I dont turn on Ryzen Master. The only Program I have had issues with is Apex Legends but Apex has its own issues lol. I would not think they are connected.

Just now, PaxOnEarth said:

It runs fine. I use Ryzen master to limit it to max of 3600. But it boots up fine and seems to run fine even if I dont turn on Ryzen Master. The only Program I have had issues with is Apex Legends but Apex has its own issues lol. I would not think they are connected.

Then leave it.
It's basically free speed.

elephants