How to switch Android's default download location from system storage to MicroSD?

itsnep

I got a MicroSD so I could have more storage on my phone, but I can't seem to download any apps to it. When I download from Google Play, I'm not given an option and it directly goes to system storage. I've gone online to look for a way to make the SD my default, however the guides seem to be for older versions of android as the option to choose storage location doesn't appear where the said guides direct me. The version I'm running is 9. If anyone knows how to change it help would be appreciated.

20 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

you have to format it as internal storage, in setting storage .

Where do I do this? The only formatting option I've seen for the card formats it so it can work with device. There weren't any other options when I did it.

if i am not wrong there is a minimum speed that is required for formatting  it. what microsd are you using? its in the same place that you format it.

Why would you want to download Apps onto the SD Card anyway?
SD Card is by FAR slower than your internal storage. That would be like using a SSD for your System, but installing all Applications/Games on an old HDD.

Use SD Card only for stuff like Pictures, Videos, Music. 

9 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Why would you want to download Apps onto the SD Card anyway?
SD Card is by FAR slower than your internal storage. That would be like using a SSD for your System, but installing all Applications/Games on an old HDD.

Use SD Card only for stuff like Pictures, Videos, Music. 

I want to install apps to my SD card because my internal storage is incredibly small, it's only 16 gigs, and because of bloatware and other system stuff I actually only have about 6 gigs to use. One of my applications takes up most of that space, so I was looking to re-download it and move it to the external device.

14 hours ago, ACEHACK said:

if i am not wrong there is a minimum speed that is required for formatting  it. what microsd are you using? its in the same place that you format it.

I forgot the brand already, but its' got 100 mb/s read/write. I figured that would be fast enough. I can also freely move apps that allow it to and from the external device, just can't find an option to make it the default.

Oh, only 16? Yea, then it's understandable. Slow Storage is still better than no storage.

On 1/12/2021 at 6:31 AM, itsnep said:

I want to install apps to my SD card because my internal storage is incredibly small, it's only 16 gigs, and because of bloatware and other system stuff I actually only have about 6 gigs to use. One of my applications takes up most of that space, so I was looking to re-download it and move it to the external device.

I forgot the brand already, but its' got 100 mb/s read/write. I figured that would be fast enough. I can also freely move apps that allow it to and from the external device, just can't find an option to make it the default.

that should be more than fast enough to allow you flash it as internal. unless for some reason your version of android has that feature disabled by manufacturer. what phone are you using?