Sasmung odyssey G7 32" vs LG 27GN950B

Roudrasekhar

Waiting for Samsung g7 32 for a few months now! Looking for that HDR600 and 1ms goodness with gsync and preferably VA contrast. Only one other monitor that caught my attention was the LG 27GN950B. I am still a bit confused between that va contrast and 4k clarity for media consumption and reading ebooks, web browsing etc. I currently have a 1080p 21.5" IPS. So the ppi is very good and blurry texts do affect me very much. So on that point LG is the clear winner. But for everything else Samsung seems to be the better choice. To be honest I mostly play AAA Graphics heavy games , not a competitive fps player myself! What attracts me towards the Samsung is that smooth response time and that va contrast and hdr performance but then again 2k on 32" vs 4k on 27". And I don't think I can reach substantially more than 144fps with games like Cyberpunk or even Witcher 3 ,RDR2, AC Valhalla games like that. Have a rtx 2070 and will be upgrading to 3080 when available at normal prices or maybe will wait for the 4080. And afaik running games at 1440p on a 4k monitor dosen't look good so that will be a downside and 4K gaming even with RTX 3080 or 4080 for that matter won't be very smooth for AAA sight seeing games at ultra settings on 4K. So between that crystal clear paper looking 4K IPS and the High Contrast VA  which one should I buy!

Yah it will but I fear how that huge curvature will look on such a "small" size.

• 4 months later...

Im in the same situation as well! I have a 2080 Super

Both of them only have the semi-HDR 600 certification. Don't expect proper HDR from any of these. On both monitors most HDR-games will look better with HDR being disabled. The G7 has a higher refresh rate which you won't use in AAA games. The 27GN950 has a 4K resolution and better DCI-P3 coverage (which is the HDR color space). I've tried both and the LG 27GN950 stuck with me. It's an excellent monitor and a great allrounder display. For the same price i'd go with the LG provided you have enough GPU power to back the 4K panel up. For me the curve on the G7 is a huge dealbreaker.

If you can wait a little longer, Samsung has announced a flat G7 to be released this year. Also the 27GP950 is out soon, replacing the 27GN950. But waiting for that one might not be worth much for you. The main upgrade is HDMI 2.1 for console use aside from PC use.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.