VPN recommendation?

My three year NordVPN subscription just ended back in December  and I was looking for advice on a VPN. I use it for some torrenting and shopping anonymously for flights and such. Occasionally use it if I am traveling abroad and country has certain websites blocked. I will also use it on my phone to block ads and what not.

Looking for recommendations from this community. Should I re-up NordVPN or switch to another VPN? Obviously want to save money so if recommendations can come with promo codes or such are welcome.

Currently use ProtonVPN. They have a free tier without data caps, albeit slower speeds and limited servers. Or pay for a monthly subscription for access to all servers. Been reliable so far for me.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Hi,

You can go with PIA [ Private Internet Access ] https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/ 

Make sure to use Honey to get special offer :: 

I use Vpn Unlimited from "Keepvid Solid Inc" https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/pricing

I went with the Lifetime Plan and i've been using it for 3 years now without any problem.

On 1/8/2021 at 2:05 PM, Kavinus said:

Hi,

You can go with PIA [ Private Internet Access ] https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/ 

Make sure to use Honey to get special offer :: 

I use Vpn Unlimited from "Keepvid Solid Inc" https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/pricing

I went with the Lifetime Plan and i've been using it for 3 years now without any problem.

didn't Linus do a video where he wasn't with PIA anymore because they got bought out or something?

3 minutes ago, d_haller said:

didn't Linus do a video where he wasn't with PIA anymore because they got bought out or something?

What are you going to use a VPN for? In most cases its completely useless and offers no more security than you already had

3 minutes ago, anonymous2500 said:

What are you going to use a VPN for? In most cases its completely useless and offers no more security than you already had

mostly "downloading" stuff

12 minutes ago, anonymous2500 said:

Could use Tor

Unless you want to die of old age before you get that image downloaded, no. Also you shouldn't use TOR for something like that in the first place on principle. Either get a VPN or a seedbox.

was trying to be more conspicuous about it but yeah tor. i just want to know which vpn doesn't sell their info. if i remember correctly thats why LMG doesn't use PIA as a sponsor anymore. also no device limit if possible

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2021 at 2:54 PM, Chionele said:

Unless you want to die of old age before you get that image downloaded, no. Also you shouldn't use TOR for something like that in the first place on principle. Either get a VPN or a seedbox.

What's the difference from VPN and seedbox? Wiki wasn't too clear about anonymity issues…

I'm considering paying for a VPN service but do not want one that is too well known (I figure those can be easier targets for both hackers and agencies).

Also it needs to be able to run on the system (don't want to install extra software) and not bog down my bandwidth too much.

A bit too specific I know but that's why I am asking here instead of Google 🙂