A quiet system for all my gaming needs

onlymax

Budget (including currency): 2000 Euros (looking for that money to performance) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

My old set-up consists of a 6700k and 1080 but I'm turning that into a portable rig if at all possible for which I will need a smaller motherboard and case (and probably low profile cpu cooler) so if you have any recommendation for that please let me know. 

I will buy the parts for my new pc when the rtx prices finally drop to msrp so I guess in a few months.

Play at 3440x1440 144hz and some vr on an oculus quest 2 till the next valve index or equivalent comes out and I upgrade to that.

I don't need any storage. Do need at least 2 m.2 slots.

As for peripherals, everything is covered but I'm looking to upgrade my keyboard to a 60% with linear switches if you know of something.

Would like my pc to be as quiet as possible, it doesn't have to look good since it will sit below my desk.

3 minutes ago, onlymax said:

Budget (including currency): 2000 Euros (looking for that money to performance) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

My old set-up consists of a 6700k and 1080 but I'm turning that into a portable rig if at all possible for which I will need a smaller motherboard and case (and probably low profile cpu cooler) so if you have any recommendation for that please let me know. 

I will buy the parts for my new pc when the rtx prices finally drop to msrp so I guess in a few months.

Play at 3440x1440 144hz and some vr on an oculus quest 2 till the next valve index or equivalent comes out and I upgrade to that.

I don't need any storage. Do need at least 2 m.2 slots.

As for peripherals, everything is covered but I'm looking to upgrade my keyboard to a 60% with linear switches if you know of something.

Would like my pc to be as quiet as possible, it doesn't have to look good since it will sit below my desk.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Hi thanks for responding! Just a few things, as I said I will not be needing any storage since I have that on hand. As for the case and cpu cooler, is this the best for my noise levels? I am not as at home with pc parts as I used to be but back then liquid coolers were a fair bit louder than their air counterparts. I would like to be as close to dead silent as possible.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€499.00 @ Azerty) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (€81.94 @ Azerty) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€142.95 @ Azerty) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (€88.85 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Video Card  (€999.00) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€81.90 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€123.95 @ Alternate) 
Total: €2017.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-08 04:01 CET+0100

Personally I'd spend less money on the case, cooler, and go for an RX 6900XT.

Pros:

• More GPU performance
  • Air cooler = longer lifespan over liquid cooler
  • Air cooler = similar performance to an AIO, probably quieter

Cons:

• Sacrifice RTX, DLSS
  • Air Coolers don't look as cool :(
  • Cheaper case, although from my experience in the MB511 the build quality is just fine and the fans are reasonably quiet, while moving a decent amount of air.

You could save money on the other parts while still getting an RTX card if you wanted that. Keep in mind the 3080 Ti is rumoured to exist.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

4 minutes ago, onlymax said:

Hi thanks for responding! Just a few things, as I said I will not be needing any storage since I have that on hand. As for the case and cpu cooler, is this the best for my noise levels? I am not as at home with pc parts as I used to be but back then liquid coolers were a fair bit louder than their air counterparts. I would like to be as close to dead silent as possible.

Both are relatively quiet, but with a high end enough air cooler you can probably get it quieter than the pump in an AIO.

AIOs however, have improved a lot since even 2014-2015 era.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.