PC slow at loading everything with low cpu and ram usage

Empany3253

Well it takes ages to load the windows start menu and it takes ages for alot of things I am running a I5-2320 at 3.00 to 3.30 and 4gb ddr3 ram i dont know the speed but it runs tf with high textures and models everything else on the lowest with 60+fps

Just now, The_Other_Cody said:

Are you using an SSD or HDD?

A HDD

Just now, The_Other_Cody said:

Are you using an SSD or HDD?

And i know it isnt the problem It laggs alot around windows and before i reset my a month ago it was fine faster than this

is disk% high? Im guessing you're using a laptop? you could swap out the hard drive in there with an ssd if you really wanted to save it. That wouldn't be too worth it and I'd just get something new. If it is a desktop, you could still switch to an ssd, but youd also be able to get 8gb of ram. Another upgrade would be upgrading cpu, but you would need to upgrade motherboard as well. If you wanted to go that route and need the computing power, i'd suggest starting from scratch.

in summary, your stuff is old and needs upgrading.

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

1 minute ago, richodude said:

is disk% high? Im guessing you're using a laptop? you could swap out the hard drive in there with an ssd if you really wanted to save it. That wouldn't be too worth it and I'd just get something new. If it is a desktop, you could still switch to an ssd, but youd also be able to get 8gb of ram. Another upgrade would be upgrading cpu, but you would need to upgrade motherboard as well. If you wanted to go that route and need the computing power, i'd suggest starting from scratch.

I am going to upgrade the ram and the disk usage is only on 100% when im saving or loading big files but otherwise its fine

5 minutes ago, richodude said:

thanks for the list i think im just going to do my inital idea and go to lunix