Dell Precision T1500 RAM compatibility

Go to solution Solved by gergy008,

CAS latency won't affect dual channel, it should work fine if it's the same MHz.
I recommend you choose a stick that is as close to the ones you have already if possible.

I also believe any ol stick will work fine, again as long as it's similar to what you have.
If you have DDR3L in the system already - get DDR3L. DDR3 may not work in a DDR3L system, but DDR3L will work in a DDR3 system.

I want to upgrade my RAM memory on my Dell workstation, the RAM is clocked at 1600mhz, once I heard that some OEMs force you to use validated memory on their systems, does this workstation will need some specific brand memory o whatever DDR3 1600mhz will be fine?

Also, CAS latency affects dual channel? For example, if the RAM stick is 11 CAS and the new one is 16 CAS will they work on dual channel or they need to be the same CAS?

And another thing, can I run a DDR3 and a DDR3L memory sticks on dual channel? 

CAS latency won't affect dual channel, it should work fine if it's the same MHz.
I recommend you choose a stick that is as close to the ones you have already if possible.

I also believe any ol stick will work fine, again as long as it's similar to what you have.
If you have DDR3L in the system already - get DDR3L. DDR3 may not work in a DDR3L system, but DDR3L will work in a DDR3 system.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

4 minutes ago, gergy008 said:

Thank you so much for the help, really