What Would You Choose?

I am upgrading my computer and cannot decide between which motherboard I should go for, however, I have nailed to 3 possible options. 

All 3 fall roughly within the same price change and are the same chipset wise. The only variance is added features. All 3 contain the main features I want, plus some varying extras. The boards are as follows: 

1. ASRock X570 Taichi AM4 

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming 

3. Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA 

What would you choose, and why? (could be any reason) 

Personally, I like the design of the Taichi more than most, but want the features which the ASUS has. The design and aesthics of the ASUS is a complete turn off me for though. I also have had an Asus board previously go off on me. I currently use a Gigabyte motherboard and have generally had good experiences with their products. But the design of the Taichi, and features of the ASUS don't help me in making a decision. 

For added info, I will be running a 5900x CPU 

Open to discussion 

At that point it really does come down to an Aesthetics/Feature showdown.

Do you have a particular colour scheme either in place, or in mind that would benefit from one over the other?

What features do you want? What features don't you care about?

Are you concerned about warrenty?

What are the reliability of the boards?

I agree with you that the ROG board is pretty ugly. All this being said, I literally just bought a new Aorus board for my next build which is currently sitting next to me, so I guess i'd have to throw my hand in with them, purely because it's essentually the ATX version of the board that I got, so feature wise, it's probably the best fit for me.

The Aorus board has more rear USB, which is real nice, but the Asrock board has a combo PS/2 port; which is also pretty nice. So it's a real pick-your-poison decision that all really comes down to a combination of personal preferance and if you really have a specific use case that requires something.

Personally i'd lean towards more relevant features over aesthetics; but that's mainly because I plan my builds around the mobo i choose and not the other way around.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

2 minutes ago, ixi_your_face said:

At that point it really does come down to an Aesthetics/Feature showdown.

Do you have a particular colour scheme either in place, or in mind that would benefit from one over the other?

What features do you want? What features don't you care about?

Are you concerned about warrenty?

What are the reliability of the boards?

I agree with you that the ROG board is pretty ugly. All this being said, I literally just bought a new Aorus board for my next build which is currently sitting next to me, so I guess i'd have to throw my hand in with them, purely because it's essentually the ATX version of the board that I got, so feature wise, it's probably the best fit for me.

The Aorus board has more rear USB, which is real nice, but the Asrock board has a combo PS/2 port; which is also pretty nice. So it's a real pick-your-poison decision that all really comes down to a combination of personal preferance and if you really have a specific use case that requires something.

Personally i'd lean towards more relevant features over aesthetics; but that's mainly because I plan my builds around the mobo i choose and not the other way around.

No particular aesthetic in mind - but I am hoping to go for a white/blue look, although this is secondary to the purpose/features. 

Just now, Smithyy said:

No particular aesthetic in mind - but I am hoping to go for a white/blue look, although this is secondary to the purpose/features. 

In that case, the Taichi would work great for you; but if the feature set of the Aorus board is a better fit, it is also a very neutral coloured board, and if it's anything like mine, it'll have an ARGB strip on the underside of the board, so you can throw in some of them blue gamer lights too

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

if you dont mind saving up a few more dollars a crosshair 8 hero would be the way to go but if money is tight id go with the taichi its the board i wanted but couldnt afford i currently run an X470 hero 7 and love it altho if you plan to overclock the asus bios tends to be more robust in its features