My step to combat loneliness

LpoolTech

So I would like to reach out to people who feel lonely for any reasons may it be covid lock-down, moving, anything really. We could chat here or on Discord(LpoolTech#0864) about anything really, play some games or watch something etc.

I've been struggling with making friends after moving countries, not being able to socialize so if you feel the same reach out and lets do something about it! 

Your topic title reminded me of a joke I used a while back.

Told my wife once I was feeling lonely, she promptly reminded me we were married, I'm no longer lonely. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Your topic title reminded me of a joke I used a while back.

Told my wife once I was feeling lonely, she promptly reminded me we were married, I'm no longer lonely. 

🤣 Yeah there are two golden rules of marriage:

1. The wife is always right!

2. When you feel she's wrong slap yourself and and read the rule 1 again.

6 minutes ago, Caroline said:

My advice to anyone feeling lonely is to adopt a cat, they're kind and loving if you get to understand them. Sometimes I talk to my cat and it looks like she understands what I say and replies with different meows and sounds.

This is not an option and something I'm looking for but thank you for your input 

If having a pet isn't an option, consider helping out in an animal shelter or similar as a volunteer. Animals don't care what language you speak, they're not bothered with human social behaviour standards and expectations,  It does a great deal for getting a feeling of accomplishment, satisfaction and frankly, a sense of being wanted and accepted the way you are. You can see the work you put in and time you spend makes a difference to these animals. I know it's quite difficult now with corona and stuff, but give it a try.

All the best!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

15 hours ago, LpoolTech said:

🤣 Yeah there are two golden rules of marriage:

1. The wife is always right!

2. When you feel she's wrong slap yourself and and read the rule 1 again.

I think he meant something... Else. 

Bow chicka wow wow. ;) @SansVarnic

On 1/6/2021 at 7:05 PM, CircleTech said:

And what if you’re allergic?

You can have cats and be allergic to them. I have cats and I am most definitely allergic to them. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

Why.......   would I do that to myself?

I don't know. I never said I made the best decisions, did I?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2