I have Asus TUF B450m Pro Gaming and I'm just looking at the bios then I saw this one. It has two modes. Normal mode and the Asus Optimal. Is it fine if I tune in the Asus Optimal? Is it like, overclocking? It also indicates it'll boost perfomance so I'd like to try it. But I'm not sure if it's safe.

knowing what Asus does on the intel side of things.. what they are most likely doing is playing more 'loosely' around power targets. 

i'd say with confidence that it's not going to break anything, but you can assume that your cpu is going to use a whole lot more power in "asus optimal" mode.

Just now, goodboi learning pc builds said:

I have Asus TUF B450m Pro Gaming and I'm just looking at the bios then I saw this one. It has two modes. Normal mode and the Asus Optimal. Is it fine if I tune in the Asus Optimal? Is it like, overclocking? It also indicates it'll boost perfomance so I'd like to try it. But I'm not sure if it's safe.

Your question is a great one! Any of these "Tuning software's" are going to put a automated OC on your CPU. What this means is ASUS (or w.e. program you use) is going to do a little OC magic to determine the best clock speed and voltage.

Is it safe? That's subjective. It might be stable, might be safe, but your temps might be high, or the other way around. Your temps could look good, but you BSOD cause the program set your clock speeds to high. I am sure it runs some quick stress test like Ryzen Master, maybe it doesn't *shrug* If you do however try this feature make sure to check your temps to make sure they aren't peaking to high under load. Also maybe run something like OCCT, or Real Bench for an hour to see if it's stable.

OCing is OCing, just cause the program does it for you, doesn't mean it can't be unstable.

Have fun! :)

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 years later...

Just a question. Why can't I turn on the optimal setting on the ez system tuning? It's greyed out, i tried almost everything but i just cant seem to turn it on. can somebody help?