Hardware Barely Utilized with Adobe Premiere Pro

I have struggled to find an answer to my questions about Premiere Pro so I figured I'd come to a community that knows the ins and outs of all things tech. I have started to create and edit videos and have run into a few Premiere Pro performance hiccups that are leaving me confused. I don't have a beefy system by any means, but I'd expect it to perform a bit better than it is with Premiere.

Windows 10

Ryzen 5 3600XT Processor

GTX 1070 GPU

NVMe 512GB Samsung SSD

32GB 3200Mhz RAM

850W 80+Gold PSU

I have two main performance issues:

1. Sometimes playback is super choppy to the point where editing becomes near impossible. Definitely not all the time, it seems to affect one or two source files here and there but not all the files imported into the project - even though all of the files I bring in are the same quality (recorded on OBS at 1920x1080@60fps) When I experience the choppiness I do the normal stuff, I lower the playback resolution to 1/2 or 1/4 and turn off High Quality Playback. I've tried to make proxies though I get an error that the audio format is not supported - but I feel like with my build I shouldn't require proxies for HD footage. Maybe 4k...but I wouldn't expect to need proxies for HD. Any of these attempts to make it smoother do absolutely nothing which has me even more stumped. Why is running HD footage at 1/4 resolution not buttery smooth? It's not like I have super intensive effects - at least I don't think (maybe I underestimate the intensiveness of my effects).
  2. Exporting takes longer than expected and it barely makes use of my hardware (this also leads me to assume that the first issue is related to Premiere not properly utilizing my hardware as well). It'll take me 15 minutes or so to render a video that would have taken me 10 minutes or less on my old i7 4770K with the same GPU and 16GB of super slow RAM on a SATA SSD. That is unless I somehow changed something in my workflow and can't remember. I noticed this when I went to render my latest video and expected to hear my fans ramp up a bit and realized they weren't ramping up at all. Pulled up the performance tab of Task Manager and noticed my CPU was barely being used at 15% but mostly hovered around 10% and dipping to 2-3% at times and my GPU would initially ramp up to ~25% then quickly drop to 1-5% for the bulk of the render and then finally ramped up to 45-50% for the last minute or so, all while remaining super cool. As for my RAM, when I exported straight out of Premiere it wouldn't go higher than 12GB used, when I exported with Adobe Media Encoder it went to ~14GB used.

Sorry if this is a bit all over the place and confusing but I am very confused myself and was hoping for some insight and maybe even a fix.

GPU accleration on?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

GPU accleration on?

When I create a project GPU acceleration is set to on...so unless there's somewhere else I need to turn it on, it is on.

And just checked, Media Encoder's Preferences has renderer set to GPU Accelerated

20 minutes ago, Anthonny said:

When I create a project GPU acceleration is set to on...so unless there's somewhere else I need to turn it on, it is on.

And just checked, Media Encoder's Preferences has renderer set to GPU Accelerated

Then idk, I haven't used APP ever

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Then idk, I haven't used APP ever

All good, and thanks for the idea!

3 minutes ago, Anthonny said:

All good, and thanks for the idea!

Is renderer set to mercury?

FS in Denmark/EU:

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Is renderer set to mercury?

Yes sir

0pWBFA0.png